Early Years Manager - Kingston Upon Thames, London
Reporting to: Camp Manager
Summary of Position:
Ultimate Activity Camps is a leading provider of holiday childcare in the UK. Our trusted holiday camps operate at venues across the country and offer outstanding activity provision to children whilst providing peace of mind to parents.
The role of the Early Years Manager is to oversee the delivery of the Early Years programme on Camp whilst ensuring the welfare and safety of the children on camp is always maintained. You will be expected to deliver outstanding, structured sports, arts and play activities to the Early Years children enrolled on camp – our Ultimate Activity Juniors.
With support and direction from the Camp Manager, you will have a pastoral role, being the key contact for the 4 and 5 year olds on camp, taking a lead in maintaining their welfare and providing high quality care.
The activities offered will follow EYFS requirements for learning and development, with the emphasis being on participation and quality.
You will direct and support Early Years staff to ensure that high quality childcare provision is delivered to the children enrolled.
You will be required to create an exciting, fun and caring environment for our younger campers, usually aged between 4 and 5 years (Ultimate Juniors). Working with the Camp Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring all Ofsted requirements are met and be the primary point of contact for parents of Early Years children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the delivery of a fun and engaging programme for the Ultimate Juniors on camp, ensuring all EYFS requirements are met.
- Prepare and deliver outstanding sport, art and play activities for children aged 4-5, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment.
- Setting up the Ultimate Juniors Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day.
- Direct and support a small team of Early Years Instructors.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
- Ensure Ofsted requirements are met at all times on camp, as the registered person, liaising directly with an inspector in the event of an inspection.
- Liaising with Camp Manager.
- Main point of contact for parents of the younger children on Camp. This includes feeding back any observations or issues to parents.
- Manage some administrative duties for the younger children (e.g. sign in/out, registration etc).
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- Other ad-hoc duties (e.g. cleaning, equipment maintenance/ordering etc).
- Ensure the provision of childcare is of a high quality at all times in order to meet the needs of individual children from differing backgrounds and stages of development.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Educated to a minimum Level 3 in Early Years/Childcare or teaching, with significant experience working with 4 and 5 year olds.
- Good working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and how to apply it to a camp setting.
- Some management/supervisory experience desirable.
- Experience in delivering sport, art and play activities to children.
- Excellent communicator, with confident face to face customer service skills.
- Pro-active and conscientious, able to adapt to situations when required.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Energetic team-player.
- Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare and coaching industry
- Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms)
- Hours: 8am – 6pm week days. Full time or part time roles available
- Pay: £310 to £450 per week plus holiday pay.