Senior Manager - Leeds
Would you like to work for a team where the Senior Director will see you as the expert and give you the freedom to change and set the direction of the Data team?
Do you get a real buzz when you've managed to play a part in developing your team to the next level and built really strong relationships with the people around you?
Do you want to be part of making a big step change in the data space in a fast-paced retail environment?
The Technology data team has grown dramatically this year with around 20 new positions. This has also resulted in a number of internal promotions along with some new external colleagues who have recently joined. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career, but also grow and develop your team to the next level.
You'll need to have led deliveries from a data engineering / development perspective, not just from a project management / programme management. You'll work very closely with our third party suppliers, so you must be used to managing large teams within a large enterprise / company scale.
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is Leeds based in Asda House with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days a week.
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or car allowance,
- Colleague discount & company bonus,
- Free parking and many additional rewards.
- You'll set the direction and lead an expanding data development and engineering function (around 35 colleagues with 6 direct reports) to deliver solutions for reporting, data science, analysis, AI and ML use cases.
- Run the development team as a part of end to end matrix squads with a mix of business, analytical, technical, Walmart and third-party resources.
- Ensure the teams are confident, appropriately skilled and capable of working in agile or waterfall delivery methodologies across a range of technical architectures.
- Managed large teams (circa 30+)
- Led deliveries from a data engineering / development perspective
- Basic technical knowledge of what type of tech stack, components (from a data management and infrastructure perspective) and methodologies to bring together to deliver against Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Science or CRM use cases.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email email@example.com