Kitchen Assistant - London
Bayley & Sage is growing, and we currently have an opportunity for a Commis Chef to join our team in South West London.
About the role
As a Commis Chef you will work as part of the team with the day to day preparation of all items of the ready to eat kitchen, which prepares our salads, sandwiches, and dips. This role will require an exceptional level of attention to detail as your work will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction. Our aim is to surprise and delight Bayley & Sage customers through the continuous excellence of our delicious products.
- Making sure the workstation and equipment is always clean prior to, during and after cooking
- Understanding allergens and where they are found within our dishes, always using the correct chopping boards and/or food preparation areas etc.
- Washing, chopping, peeling, and cutting food with care and attention
- Building, garnishing, assembling, packaging, storing and labelling the ready to eat products and crating them for delivery
- Understanding the importance of maintaining the highest standards of personal hygiene
- Following the instructions of the Senior Kitchen team
You will be a hard worker with a passion for food who can contribute a positive attitude within the kitchen team. You will have some experience in a similar role, or you will have worked in a fast-paced environment before. Working shifts are from 6am to 2pm or from 2pm to 10pm. You will be looking for a full-time role in a company which offers opportunities for career progression. You take pride in your work and feel a sense of achievement at a job well done.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Sociable hours
- 30% staff discount in-store
Bayley & Sage is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background.