Production Operative - Eden Business Park, Penrith
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Hourly Rate: £9.617Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: 39 hours a week consisting of 5 shifts a week Monday - Friday. Shift patterns will fall 7.00am - 3.00pm Monday - Thursday and 7.00am - 2.00pm on a Friday.
Contract: PermanentJob Description
As a Production Operative, you’ll work as part of a close-knit team and play a major part in making and packing some of the nation’s much loved products. Everyone has a passion for quality and follows all the correct processes and procedures to ensure the best products are made and our customers are satisfied.Skills
- Comfortable with handling, preparing and baking of food, long periods of standing, lifting and carrying, as well as other tasks such as cleaning.
- No evidence of respiratory problems (as working in a bakery environment has exposure to flour and dust and would not suit individuals with respiratory problems).
- Legal entitlement to work in the UK (e.g. Valid VISA or Work Permit for non EEC residents)
- Flexible in availability for working hours (as may be required to work different shifts each week, or asked to work overtime).
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 4.2 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one and a half years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.