Waterski & Wakeboard Instructor - Europe
Waterski & Wakeboard Instructor - Neilson Summer
Job Title: Waterski/Wakeboard Manager
Location: European Beach Resorts
Department: Neilson Summer
Dates: April – November
Reports to: Activities Manager
Salary: Up to £1000 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights, food + great overall package
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
Water Skiing and Wakeboarding are very popular activities in our resorts, and our Ski Teams love to help our guests get out and enjoy the excellent conditions available throughout our programme.
As a qualified British Water Ski & Waterski (BWSW) coach, you understand that everybody learns in their way. Your dynamic approach and patience will ensure that your guests are up on their feet in no time.
You will lead your team to create and deliver a brilliant Waterski/Wakeboard activity programme for the guests whilst always providing amazing service. Whether it’s greeting guests as they arrive for their first tow ever or helping someone celebrate landing a well-practised trick, your team will go out of their way to make sure that these moments are memorable!
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To be well presented with a professional attitude at all times
- Liaise with your line manager with regard placing orders for spares and equipment
- You’ll train, motivate and appraise the waterski/wakeboard team ensuring the highest levels of instruction and assuming responsibility for the development of your Instructors
- Develop positive working relationships with all departments
- You’ll ensure the team maintains an excellent standard of customer service
- You’ll ensure that your team delivers an excellent water ski/wakeboard instruction programme that follows the BWSF syllabus
- You’ll organise a working rota that ensures your team members rotate within the team and take equal responsibility for instruction, driving and spotting
- You’ll ensure that the team are managing all bookings effectively while adequately prepare all guests for their sessions
- You’ll ensure that the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to by the team and that guests are advised on the effective/safe use of all equipment
- To take overall responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Neilson equipment
- To ensure that the appearance of the pontoon and waterski Centre always meets guest expectations
- The ability to manage your team effectively and create a great team vibe
- To coordinate, pack up, and assist all guests using our equipment and facilities each day
- To coordinate the set-up of the beach/hotel at the start of the season and the pack down of the resort at the end of the season
- To assist in the organisation and hosting of social events, delivering briefings and always be happy to interact with guests at all times
- To be prepared to move between different resorts according to the operational needs of the business and to fulfil your contractual end date
- To be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties as requested by your manager
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- British Water Ski Federation (UKCC) Level 2 Instructor or equivalent
- British Water Ski Federation (BWSW) Ski Boat Driver Award (SBD2) or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Experience of working in a waterski/wakeboard environment would be desirable
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to deliver fun, engaging, safe and informative Waterski and Wakeboard sessions
- Skilled ski boat driver – Please note: Permission to drive ski boats in Greece is subject to local legislation
- Extensive knowledge of the BWSF syllabus
- In-depth knowledge of the current waterski and wakeboard industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests of all ages, management, and other staff
- Ability to work well within a team and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work well using your own initiative and to follow both verbal and written instructions accurately
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Clean and tidy appearance