Flotilla Mate - Greece
Flotilla Mate - Greece
Job Title: Flotilla Mate
Department: Yacht Team
Dates: April – November
Reports to: Yacht Manager
Salary: Up to £660 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights + great overall package
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job; it’s a lifestyle! Spend the summer season based in one of our beautiful Beachclub resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun, and there’s always plenty of time to play!
Spend a summer in the Greek sunshine looking after our yachts and guests. With the support of your Flotilla Skipper and the back-up of your crew, the Neilson Flotilla Mate takes care of all the social aspects of our guest experience while on Flotilla.
You’ll be able to interact well with guests, other team members and locals alike, but you will also need to be motivated by a challenge and ready to deal with any problems, albeit at sea, back at base.
If you are an experienced Flotilla Mate and you can make a mean Gin & Tonic, that’s great news! If you’re a newly qualified Day Skipper, that’s fine as we’ll provide any required additional training.
As long as you’re confident and outgoing with a passion for people, then life as a Neilson Flotilla Mate could be for you!
You’ll be based in Greece where we have two sailing centres in Vounaki and Sivota. Both are equally stunning with a choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience.
We’ll cover your accommodation and bills in the package along with exciting opportunities to work with us all year round.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and always give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To assist with all aspects in the delivery of the Flotilla Holiday in accordance with company procedures, the Neilson brochure and local regulations
- Working as part of a team to provide an enjoyable and safe flotilla experience for guests of all ages and abilities
- To assist with the housekeeping of the flotilla yachts, to ensure efficient operation at all times
- To ensure a high standard of safety for guests and staff is maintained at all times
- To maintain effective communication with the crew
- To provide all necessary information and briefings to guests for the optimisation of their holiday experience
- To retain working relationships with local suppliers for the provision of services to the flotilla and guests
These are the primary accountabilities; however, these may vary according to your resort. Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience required:
- RYA Day Skipper or equivalent – Essential
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- VHF license preferable
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous sailing experience preferable
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance