Shore-based Engineer/Mechanic - Greece
Shore-based Engineer/Mechanic - Greece
Job Title: Shore based Engineer/Mechanic
Department: Yacht Team
Dates: April – November
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Salary: Up to £1300 PCM (Net) + Accommodation, flights + great overall package
Working for Neilson Active holidays is more than a job, it’s a lifestyle! It’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun and there’s always plenty of time to play!
Spend a summer in the Greek sunshine taking care of the Neilson yacht fleet? As a Shore based Engineer/Mechanic you’ll support the Neilson Flotilla Engineers ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of our yachts.
Motivated by a challenge, you’ll always be ready to deal with any problems that arise, albeit at sea or back at base. You’ll also be able to diagnose/repair a variety of breakdowns while confidently interacting well and easily building rapport with guests, other team members alike.
You must be an experienced engineer; however, if you’ve not specialised in yachts before, don’t let that put you off from applying. Although you’ll need to be confident with diesel engines, 12-volt electrics and basic plumbing, over the years, some of our best Neilson yacht engineers have come from an agricultural & car mechanic background.
You’ll be based in Greece where we have two sailing centres in Vounaki and Sivota. Both are equally stunning with a choice of yacht flotilla routes for all abilities and levels of experience.
We’ll cover your accommodation and bills in the package along with exciting opportunities to work with us all year round.
We are always looking for friendly, energetic and approachable individuals to join our fantastic team! People who can build rapport with ease and always give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- As a Shore based Engineer/Mechanic, you will be efficient at managing your time and your tools to get the job done correctly
- No problem is too big or too small – you will thrive from dealing with a variety of mechanical and electrical faults.
- As a Shorebased Engineer/ Mechanic you will need to think outside the box and use your initiative with a positive, personable approach to ensure that our guests receive the highest level of service
- We would expect you to be flexible with your time and work the hours required to ensure that our yachts are fully functional whenever possible
- You will take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Neilson yachts and equipment ensuring that we meet our brochure specifications and guest expectations
- You are happy working as part of a team pro-actively providing help to all guests using our yachts each day
- You will assist in providing a safe and enjoyable working environment and ensuring all health & safety regulations are adhered to, both for staff and guests
- You may sometimes need to move between different resorts according to operational needs and requirements
- We would need you to be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties within reason as requested by your manager
These are the main accountabilities however these may vary according to your resort. Qualifications, Abilities and Experience required:
- Engineering – mechanical, electrical or both
- NVQ Level 3 motor vehicle or equivalent
- First Aid certificate that is valid for the duration of your contract – This should be a minimum 6-hour practical course providing a certificate that is valid in the workplace
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Knowledge of 12V electric systems
- VHF license would be beneficial
- Experience of working as part of a small team
- Previous customer service experience
- The ability to confidently hold a conversation in English
- Approachable, welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic
- A mature approach and attitude to work
- Able to communicate well with guests and staff of all ages
- Clean and tidy appearance