Bar Supervisor - Zakynthos, Greece
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our four bars provide something for everyone, with our team serving a variety of healthy smoothies and juices, indulgent cocktails and plenty of cool, crisp rosé, whilst being the perfect hosts and getting to know our guests.
The Driftwood Bar is at the heart of the club: dispensing drinks for our restaurants during breakfast, lunch and dinner service as well as entertaining guests into the small hours.
Breakfast is served in the bar area overlooking the calm waters and early morning water skiers with talented baristas producing delicious hot coffees, smoothies and freshly squeezed juices. Lunch service is particularly busy with up to 300 guests dining each day during peak season and we regularly host up to 130 guests for dinner. With three separate restaurants for our guests to choose from, The Driftwood Bar provides a dispense bar for two of them as well as hosting evening events including our very own Peli Pub Quiz.
In addition to The Driftwood Bar, our bar team also look after The Courtyard. This is a beautiful space surrounded by lemon trees and olive groves. By day, The Courtyard serves up delicious BBQ dishes cooked over an open fire accompanied by plenty of Peli rosé. By night, it makes the perfect events space: cocktail receptions, party night dinners, wedding breakfasts, Guest Chef feasts and family festival nights. Open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls once a week where kids run around and make new friends and everyone enjoys a laid back evening of live music and tasty street food. With so much going on, there is never a dull moment.
With something different happening every evening and with plenty of variety in styles of service, our bar team have a lot to focus on. We are looking for experienced and talented individuals to take the lead, deliver high standards and keep our bar team motivated, whilst upholding an element of fun and the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests know and love.
Our bar staff must be energetic and versatile, capable of making a perfect cup of coffee, building a delicious cocktail, recommending a unique wine from our cellar and most importantly enjoy talking to our guests. From bustling lunch services to sophisticated dinner parties, chilled tapas nights to fast paced party night fun our bar staff are talented, enthusiastic party starters who love what they do and are excited to share it with our guests.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique; we need people who are hard-working but who also have great interpersonal skills allowing them to build relationships with guests and really make their holiday.
With the bar being the last area of the club to close, the bar management team will also be expected to assume key-holder responsibilities and ensure the club is locked and secured at the end of the night.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Assist the Bar Manager with the day to day running of the Driftwood and Courtyard bars
- Ensure bars are fully stocked and prepared for service and events
- Brief the bar team before a service and event, ensuring the team are allocated to the appropriate sections
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Key holder for the club
- When working a ‘close’, ensure the club is safely and securely closed
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Provide table service at the appropriate times
- Preparation of drinks, including cocktails, coffees, smoothies and fresh juices
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Restock and replenish bar supplies
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have
- Provide support to the restaurant team during meal service
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to confidently converse with guests about wine recommendations
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to make a range of drinks and cocktails to high standard
- Actively commit to the clubs ethos
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- Have a strong sense of team spirit
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a busy bar environment
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a supervisory position
- Strong knowledge of wines, spirits, cocktails and coffees
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training is desirable
- Proven experience of working in a cocktail bar or similar environment
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling experience
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- Have an understanding of UK Alcohol Licensing Laws
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- A Full driving license is desirable
- EU Passport Holder
- Competitive salary
- Contribution towards travel to Zakynthos
- Emergency medical insurance whilst at work
- Live out accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Access to bikes and gym equipment
- Access to watersports facilities available at the club, including tuition
- Discounts on food, beverage, motorised watersports and massage and beauty treatments at the club