Restaurant Supervisor - Zakynthos, Greece
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food is an integral part of their holiday and our team of Waiting Staff, led by our Restaurant Manager and Supervisors, are at the forefront.
Last summer we revamped food at Peligoni with the introduction of two exciting new restaurant concepts. This year, we’re going a step further and creating a third dining space in our stunning Courtyard which will feature a variety of barbeque dishes cooked over an open fire complemented by freshly prepared salads and sides.
The Terraces seat around 80 covers and is home to a menu featuring Mediterranean inspired dishes, prepared from an open air kitchen where chefs show off their culinary skills and families gather to dine in style.
Tasi provides an informal setting for a variety of delicate small plates. Food arrives as it is ready, Venitian cicchetti in style. Guests can order as little or as much as they like, spend hours relaxing with a bottle of wine and good company, or grab a quick bite before heading out onto the water.
Each restaurant has it’s own Restaurant Supervisor who all report to our Restaurant Manager.
Breakfast is a balance of healthy options and old favourites served in Tasi. Early-risers and families with young children typically start arriving for breakfast from 8am and service continues throughout the morning with guests surfacing up until 11am.
Lunch starts from midday and is one of the busiest times of day – during peak season we host as many as 300 guests over lunchtime. Lunch is available in all three restaurant with menus focused on family dining, offering something for all, including healthy superfood salads, homemade pasta, delicious grilled dishes and sourdough pizzas with nutritious meals for our smallest guests being available all day.
Evenings at Peligoni are a unique affair with something different happening each night and our dining options reflects this. The Courtyard hosts weekly events including our family barbeque and food festival nights: open mic style live music accompanies pop up food stalls where our chefs produce creative and tasty street food.
In addition to our usual weekly agenda we also host guest chef evenings, private parties and weddings that all require an extra eye for detail.
We are looking for experienced Restaurant Supervisors to take on the day to day running of our dining areas. With guidance from the restaurant manager this will involve ensuring that the front of house team operate efficiently and deliver a high level of service, whilst maintaining the club’s vibrant holiday atmosphere. Ensuring that menus are prepared and communicated in good time, the team are fully briefed on any of the day’s special events and that all aspects of food and drink service are covered are all in a day's work as a restaurant supervisor.
This is a challenging role that requires a passion for great service, commitment to the club’s ethos and the ability to manage a team with varied experience in what can often be a high-pressure environment. It is also an extremely rewarding role for those who thrive when given responsibility and gain satisfaction from developing a team.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Support the Restaurant Manager in the day to day running of the food service areas
- Assume the role of Maitre’D during service times
- Ensure dining areas are well maintained
- Continuously train, develop, manage and motivate staff throughout the season to consistently perform at their highest level
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- With the Head Chef, ensure menus are prepared and communicated in good time
- Encourage and maintain good communication with the kitchen team and other food & beverage departments
- Respond to guest queries and complaints in an effective and efficient manner
- Confidently give guidance and menu recommendations answering any questions guests have
- Understand different dietary requirements and food allergies
- Assist the other food & beverage departments where and when required
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met at all times
- Ensure adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for the restaurant and manage orders and stock rotation
- Ensure all bills are settled correctly
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and develop a team
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Problem-solving ability to resolve issues as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years experience of working in a restaurant environment
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a supervisory position
- A barista qualification or evidence of barista training
- Previous cash handling and till reconciliation experience
- Strong food & beverage knowledge
- Previous experience with EPOS till system
- WSET Wine & Spirits Level 2 or 3 is desirable
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- A valid First Aid Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- EU Passport Holder
- Competitive salary
- Contribution towards travel to Zakynthos
- Emergency medical insurance whilst at work
- Live out accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Access to bikes and gym equipment
- Access to watersports facilities available at the club, including tuition
- Discounts on food, beverage, motorised watersports and massage and beauty treatments at the club