Cafe Staff - Zakynthos, Greece
Cafe Staff - Zakynthos, Greece
With the majority of our guests spending most of their day in the club, food and drink are an integral part of their holiday. Our café provides something for everyone, with our talented baristas serving up delicious hot coffees, smoothies and freshly squeezed juices from the early morning.
The café is one of the first areas of the club to open each morning, welcoming the early-risers and keen water-skiers and cyclists with a coffee fix and freshly cooked pastry. As the sun continues to rise, more and more guests arrive at the club and the café becomes a buzzing hub which almost everyone will pass by on their way to breakfast or the beach – our freshly made smoothies and juices are always popular and there are plenty of requests for our daily specials.
As lunch service begins, there’s typically a period of calm, before the mid-afternoon when it’s usually our younger guests who are lining up for milkshakes. For those wanting a little indulgence after a sail or a windsurf, delicious homemade cakes are served for afternoon tea.
Our staff are the heart of The Peligoni Club and are what makes Peligoni unique and the cafe team are no exception. We are looking for a team who can provide a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere as well as deliver a consistently high level of service. They will be preparing juices and smoothies to order, as well as fantastic coffee; the café can get very busy so good organisation skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure are a must. This is a role for those early bird risers who have that ‘get up and go’ personality to welcome our guests in the early mornings.
In your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will have access to the club’s watersports facilities, allowing you to hone your existing skills or learn new ones in sailing and windsurfing.
- Meet and greet guests and ensure they are all well looked after
- Preparation of drinks, including coffees, smoothies and fresh juices
- Ensure drinks are dispensed correctly, efficiently and meet the company standard
- Ensure a consistently high level of service is delivered at all times
- Restock and replenish café supplies
- Collect and clean glasses, clear tables and ensure guest areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are met both front of house and back of house
- Confidently give guidance and recommendations on the drinks menu and answer any questions guests may have.
- Support dispense section of the bar, making a variety of alcoholic beverages including cocktails
- Assist other areas of the food and beverage departments when and where required
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be able to work efficiently and calmly under pressure
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Have a strong sense of team spirit
- A minimum of 1 years experience of working in a busy cafe environment
- A barista qualification or evidence of Barista training
- Good knowledge of coffees, wines, spirits and cocktails
- Previous experience of working in a bar or similar environment is desirable
- Previous experience with EPOS till systems
- Previous cash handling experience
- An up to date Basic Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable
- Available for the full season (May-September)
- EU Passport Holder
- Competitive salary
- Contribution towards travel to Zakynthos
- Emergency medical insurance whilst at work
- Live out accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Access to bikes and gym equipment
- Access to watersports facilities available at the club, including tuition
- Discounts on food, beverage, motorised watersports and massage and beauty treatments at the club