Beach Supervisor - Zakynthos, Greece
Watersports are a huge part of The Peligoni Club experience and our coastal location is designed to ensure that our guests get the best of the beautiful Ionian Sea. Whether it’s wakeboarding, a ringo ride, or an afternoon of sailing, The Peligoni Club is the perfect place to enjoy a watersports holiday in Greece.
We like to do things well. And that means having the right tools, the right people and the right approach. We equip the beach with the best equipment from the world’s top manufacturers, including sailing boats from Laser Performance and RS sailing, windsurfing equipment from Tushingham and Severne, and ski boats by MasterCraft.
We are a fully accredited RYA Training Centre. All of our instructors are certified by the RYA, many of them in multiple disciplines, and they are the life and soul of the club, with outgoing can-do attitudes to inspire the young and give confidence to the nervous.
Lessons are predominantly one-to-one as we aim to encourage as many guests as we can to get out and have fun on the water in a safe and beautiful environment. The beach team also host group progression sessions for beginners throughout the week, as well as group lessons for our younger guests who more often than not leave Peligoni at the end of the week, eager to return as a member of our infamous beach team in years to come.
Guests can also take advantage of our weekly RYA Level 2 Powerboat Handling course, giving the opportunity to learn new skills they can take home with them.
We are looking for a fun and energetic team, keen to share their passion for the water with guests of all ages and to inspire, motivate and reassure them in order to help them reach their potential. Our beach team have always been integral to creating the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere that our guests have come to know and love – enthusiasm, confidence, a can-do attitude and a great sense of humour are a must.
As a Beach Supervisor, you will support the Beach Manager with the day-to-day operation of the beach. This is a diverse and challenging role covering many different areas including staff management, evaluating lessons, health and safety, maintaining equipment and offering instruction.
It’s not all work and no play – in your spare time, as well as being able to explore the island and experience the local food and culture, you will be able to work on your own skills on the water and make the most of the afternoon wind.
- Support the Beach Manager and Assistant Beach Manager with the day-to-day operation of the beach
- Ensure a high standard of service is maintained at all times and that guests are made to feel welcome at the beach and encouraged to get out on the water
- Assist the beach management team with staff training
- Manage and motivate the beach team
- Continually evaluate the quality of instruction and identify and address areas needing development
- Implement beach health and safety policies, ensuring a high standard of safety is maintained at all times
- Audit, evaluate and manage risk ensuring any remedial action is taken immediately
- Manage daily maintenance of beach equipment
- Provide a high level of instruction for guests and staff using the beach
- Windsurfing and/or dinghy instruction
- Powerboat course instruction (where qualified)
- Ensure that any group sessions are run effectively
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Provide support to the childcare team when they are carrying out water-based activities.
- Implement and participate in a ‘bad weather’ programme
- When required, participate and encourage others in evening events in the club, including the weekly beach team ‘skit’
- Build and maintain friendly relationships with guests
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with other departments to provide the best guest experience, a positive working environment and a sense of team spirit
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the club and what is on offer
- From time to time you will be required to take on additional tasks and duties relating to the smooth running of the club
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Passionate about watersports and coaching
- Safety conscious
- Fun and outgoing
- Outstanding work ethic
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and willing to help others
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- RYA Senior Dinghy, Windsurf or Dual Qualified Instructor
- RYA Powerboat level 2 and RYA Safety Boat
- RYA Multihull, Advanced Dinghy or Racing Instructor endorsements are desirable
- RYA Powerboat Instructor is desirable
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- International Certificate of Competence (ICC)
- Proven experience of coaching in a watersports centre
- Proven experience of coaching children
- Proven experience in leading a team
- Practical experience of Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding is desirable
- Available for the whole season (May-September)
- A full driving license is desirable
- EU Passport Holder
- Competitive salary
- Contribution towards travel to Zakynthos
- Emergency medical insurance whilst at work
- Live out accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Access to bikes and gym equipment
- Access to watersports facilities available at the club, including tuition
- Discounts on food, beverage, motorised watersports and massage and beauty treatments at the club