Retail and Bar Manager
Full Time – Permanent
What we need, in a nutshell
We are on the lookout for a commercial manager to help us grow our sales profitably and to manage and grow the capabilities of our customer facing teams. In this demanding and exciting role, you will be a key member of our park management team, responsible for all bars & leisure outlets along with the arcade and shop.
Who are we?
In a spectacular estuary setting, Mersea Island Holiday Park offers peace and serenity for guests who want to step away from everyday life and enjoy a complete break. Added magic is provided by an indoor swimming pool and unforgettable events such as Cream Pie Fights, our famous Colour Festival, and a Music Weekender. Mersea Island is one of six Away Resorts holiday parks shaking up the Great British holiday. Find out more on our website: http://www.awayresorts.co.uk/mersea-island
What you’ll be doing
Ensuring that the Commercial experience is unlike any other, we are looking for someone that can identify and implement retail opportunities that will assist with meeting and exceeding targets while delivering delight to each and every guest.
- Deliver KPIs and annual profit targets in our Retail and Leisure operations through smart budget planning, an eye for commercial opportunities and leadership skills that motivate your teams to deliver
- Support the delivery of our outstanding guest experience by providing strong leadership and motivation to permanent and seasonal team.
- Make decisions on team structures, role definitions, recruitment, training and disciplinary matters.
- Develop close working relationships with the General Manager, Group Commercial Manager and other areas of the business
- Be responsible for health and safety, ensuring the business meets its statutory obligations and that all team members receive relevant training.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
We are looking for a high calibre commercial manager, so you will need:
- To be commercially focused with experience of delivering both short- and long-term profits – with the customer experience remaining central
- A proven track record in managing, leading and developing teams within the hospitality sector
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- The ability to work under pressure and solve problems
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to engage colleagues so that new strategies are successfully implemented
- To be hands-on, self-motivated and ambitious, as well as having a large helping of common sense and a sense of humour.
It’s the icing on the cake if you are an experienced Commercial Manager with previous Holiday Park experience.
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun-loving, people-centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers - have a read about it on our website and decide if it describes you.
What we can offer you
- Competitive Pension
- Bonus Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Discounts on Away Resorts Holidays
- On Park Discounts
- Awards and recognition
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers.
Our Promise to You!
Holiday Heroes come with all sorts of different super-powers, and we welcome them all!
We embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. From our investors, to our teams we love that everyone comes from different backgrounds, allowing us to grow and inspire each other. We’ll never accept any form of discrimination and we’ll forever strive not just for our product to be unique but our people too. Afterall, wouldn’t it be boring if we were all the same? In short, we want to bring your whole self to work!