Leisure Supervisor - Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club are opening a fantastic new Walled Garden Family Facility in Spring 2021. With an indoor pool, outside play areas and activities, tennis courts and a café this is an exciting new addition to the estate and as such we are looking for enthusiastic team members to offer exceptional service to our members.
We require a Leisure Supervisor to be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the Walled Garden Reception ensuring the very highest standards of service to Woodcote Juniors, Members and Guests. With 5 direct reports this role requires a strong leader who can coach and inspire a new team.
This role will commence on 15th February 2021. The Family Facility is due to open at the end of March 2021 however it will be subject to Government guidelines therefore these dates may be subject to change.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Take personal responsibility for all standards of service across the Walled Garden
- Lead the front of house team to ensure high quality consistent standards are maintained in service, feel and experience, in line with Leading Quality Assurance benchmarking targets
- Ensure Member journey and experience are of the highest quality; consistently meeting the standards and expectations of our Members
- Ensure that the booking management and point of sale systems are monitored and controlled in order to provide smooth and consistent service, both front and back office
- Proactive in delivery and management of Walled Garden Events
- To oversee the operation of the café POS and related areas within the Walled Garden Facility, liaising with the Food & Beverage team where necessary
- Facilitate and drive member sales for Woodcote Juniors and full memberships
- Work in line with other Senior Staff at the Walled Garden to ensure all aspects of operation are covered.
- Ensure adequate staff cover is maintained at all times for the operation of the FoH team within the walled garden
- Buy-in to a positive health and safety culture, leading on information sharing and practical application
- Ensure all safeguarding measures are being taken to protect members and staff alike
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous demonstrable experience in leading a team, preferably in a leisure environment
- Experience and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- Demonstrable experience in problem solving in a live environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Highly organised and accountable
- Adaptable and flexible to react to situations as they arise
- Diplomatic and dependable
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park in the heart of the Surrey countryside we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.