Transport Manager - Treforest -
Pontypridd, nr Cardiff, Wales
Full time and Permanent, based at our Treforest Bakery and Distrubition Centre, Pontypridd, South Wales.
Join the Family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
£38,000 to £40,000
Mainly dayshift Monday to Friday but flexibility is required to cover evenings and weekends on an ad hoc basis.
Reporting to the site Logistics Manager, the primary focus of the role is to control and direct the transport operation, ensuring that the products are delivered to the shops on time and in full and in a compliant and cost effective manner.
- Managing the Transport department against both cost and customer service KPI’s
- Analysing and minimising risks in all areas of Operator Licence responsibility by managing compliance and ensuring all transport legal matters are dealt with professionally and efficiently
- Forging strong communication links within the department, with dependent functions and external service providers
- Using detailed analysis of department performance to drive improvements and Provide cost effective delivery to all shops while remaining within budget and legal constraints
- Ensuring that Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations and standards are adhered to
- Reviewing internal customer interface and systems to identify actions to improve customer satisfaction
- Actively contributing to the weekly production team meetings and national group meetings as required
- Assisting the Logistics Manager in identifying and developing proactive transport approaches
- Ensuring that Driver training is carried out within company policy and legal compliance
- Carrying out PDR’s with direct reports, agreeing targets and objectives, conducting monthly 1 to 1’s and agreeing individual development plans
- Leading transport team in line with the values, with high visibility through regular meetings and coaching, promoting a culture of achievement and responsibility
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of chill chain and temperature controlled delivery operation
- Experience of a time sensitive daily fresh operation
- Must be holder of Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Good level of computer literacy
- Flexibility around working hours transport is shift operations.
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 10% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Defined contribution management pension scheme
- Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.