Front Office Manager – L’Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa, Jersey
Are you an experienced Hotel Reception Manager or Front Office Manager looking for an exciting new challenge?
Would you enjoy relocating to Jersey in the Channel Islands?
We have a new opportunity for a Front Office Manager to join the team at
L'Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa in Jersey.
Please note this is a permanent position not a seasonal role and accommodation is provided for the employee only.
As Front Office Manager you will oversee the reception and night team, taking responsibility for ensuring our guests always receive a warm welcome and that high standards of service are consistently delivered.
You are the ultimate hospitality professional able to make each and every guest feel special and have the ability to inspire and motivate your team members to do the same.
Of course, being a Front Office Manager requires a lot of skill and dedication, so you will have incredible organisational skills and attention to detail, along with stamina and the ability to remain positive and calm when under pressure.
Sound like a challenge you’d like to take on? Then we’d love to hear from you.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary along with accommodation in the form of a Management flat
for only £45 per week!
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
- Delicious meals provided should you not wish to cook for yourself although cooking facilities are available in your flat
- 29 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team plus gratuities
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working and living in stunning surroundings on the island of Jersey and a beach front location
- Online retail discount platform and a health and well-being platform
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal Skills.
- You will already have experience as a Hotel Front Office Manager or Hotel Reception Manager within a similar sized 4 or 5 star hotel
- You’ll be motivated by ensuring your department and team consistently delivers an outstanding and memorable guest experience and will enjoy building rapport with guests and colleagues
- You will have experience of leading diverse teams and will enjoy coaching and developing team members, motivating them to be their best.
- Experience of working with seasonal teams would be an advantage due to the nature of our recruitment and payroll budgets.
- You will have excellent Opera systems knowledge and experience of training others to use this confidently
- Knowledge of the island would be an advantage but is not essential
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised, charming and friendly approach.
L’ Horizon Beach Hotel & Spa is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 106 bedrooms located in St Brelade’s Bay one of the most stunning beaches on the island. The interior is calm and elegant, full of space and light, while the outside impresses with its beautiful terrace and views over the bay. The hotel hosts a 2AA Rosette restaurant, Atlantic Lounge and recently refurbished outside Terrace restaurant for food enthusiasts. The Hotel also has an award winning spa and health club with 6 treatment rooms, relaxation area, indoor pool, sun terrace and gym.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer.