Engineering Supervisor - Newcastle upon Tyne
About the role
Management of the Automated Warehouse Engineering Team
Supports the Engineering Manager with day-to-day management of the Automated Warehouse Engineering team working in Refrigerated and Oxygen depleted environment. Set daily focus for Engineers based on breakdown / issues. Support, coach & mentoring engineers on all aspects of mechanical / electrical engineering. Lead Rote Cause analysis for all major breakdowns. Support the Maintenance Manager in delivery of Site Maintenance strategy
Management of the Balliol Campus Technical Site Service
Lead the technical team day to day operations of Site Service, responsible for management of Service contracts, legal compliance, defect management. Utilise Building management system to monitor and maintain the site.
Management of the Balliol Campus Weekend Engineering Team
Support the Engineering Manager and Maintenance Manager with management of the weekend Engineering team. Support engineers on all aspects of mechanical / electrical engineering across site.
Some UK or international travel may be required to visit suppliers, other sites and for meetings.Key Accountabilities of the role
Salary £40,000Contracted Hours
42.5 hours per week, with flexibility required to cover various shifts which are maily weekend focussed.
Example shifts could be 5 shifts of 8 hours Thursday to Monday OR 4 shifts of 10 hours Friday to Monday. Shifts can be discussed fully at interview.Essential Skills
- Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 4.2 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one and a half years’ salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.