IT Support Engineer - London
4 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
IT Support Engineer - London
Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an engaging and passionate IT Support Engineer to join us at our Head Office in South Kensington, London.
Full Time contract, based on 40 hours per week including occasional on-call work, salary £30,000 - £35,000 pa depending on experience.
Providing a 1st line support for Daylesford Organic, Bamford, BHoldings and The Wild Rabbit with consistent and efficient Service Desk function.
About the role
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be dedicated at providing the highest level of customer service, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction as you help your colleagues both remotely and at their desk side. You’ll have experience working on a busy helpdesk and will have an excellent understanding of troubleshooting issues with computers, laptops, printers, servers and networks.
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT queries across our London stores and London Head Office with some occasional travel to our Cotswolds Farm office.
- Regularly visiting our London stores to troubleshoot problems with the EPOS, PDQs, computers and peripherals there-in
- Build and install PCs, troubleshoot hardware devices and software
- Perform physical hardware examination, the recording of any external error/status indicators which may help in diagnosing and resolving equipment issues.
- Be responsible for properly inspecting and replacing defective networking cables, power cables, PDQ machines, computer peripherals etc.
- User administration, for example creating and archiving user accounts and mailboxes, assigning account permissions
- Configuring end user hardware such as laptops & peripherals, VoIP phones
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
This position will suit someone who is organised, dedicated and committed to providing excellent IT Support. You’ll be outgoing, approachable and be able to build a fantastic rapport with your colleagues to help them overcome all kinds of technical issues they might be experiencing.
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar role (3+ years required)
- Experience ideally within the Retail, Hospitality or Leisure industries - troubleshooting POS hardware such as tills, receipt printers, PDQs
- Knowledge of SME technologies (PC hardware fault-finding, troubleshooting laptops, printers, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, mobile phones, etc.)
- Experience with Windows Server environments (2012 & 2019), Active Directory, and common networking issues.
- Experience with backup and site recovery solutions
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies as and when needed
- Hands-on experience with Max OS environments (preferable)
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field (preferable)
- UK Driving Licence (preferable)
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local store)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you.
Apply for IT Support Engineer - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
Customer Services Advisor - LondonEasy Apply!