Fitness Class Instructor - Pilates - Leatherhead
We are recruiting for a Pilates Class Instructor
Our Fitness Class Instructors get our customers moving. With timetables packed full of a diverse range of classes, as a Fusion Fitness Class Instructor, you will welcome all customers, design and deliver high quality classes and ensure all participant’s individual needs and abilities are catered for.
If you are able to inspire, motivate and encourage others, and have an approachable nature, and a real “can-do” attitude; then a Fitness Class Instructor position with Fusion might just be for you!
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Undertake sessions according to the programme timetable and ensure classes commence at the designated times
- Provide options and realistic goals that take individual customers’ needs and abilities into account
- Collect and take the class register to ensure bookings are managed effectively and in line with Fusion’s class booking process
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of sessions, including equipment set-up and take-down
- Assist in the development of safe and effective programming through innovative ideas, initiating actions to meet the demands of the members
- Undertake all administrative tasks associated with the position
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training and insurance requirements
Customer Care and Satisfaction:
- Actively engage with members of the public in their use of the facilities
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies and operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding Policy
- Participate in sale and daily lead generation activities as directed
- Communicate and promote centre services and revenue opportunities
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and other health and safety checks as directed by Centre Management, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across classes
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of relevant equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing to the attention of the Centre Management any faults or major repairs
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
To be successful as a Fusion Fitness Class Instructor, you will need:
- REPS/CIMSPA (Fitness / Exercise to music) level 2 qualified and registered (essential)
- Relevant and specific qualification for your chosen discipline (essential)
- Experience of delivering classes in a comparable role
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation, and the ability to exercise these in the workplace
- Understanding of different learning styles
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, questioning and delivering effective feedback and the ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers
- The ability to motivate and inspire others to do better
- Good numerical and written skills
- Ability to deliver first class customer service to a diverse client base
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers
- We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (Pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
*Please note that non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
If you would like to further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.