Sous Chef - Talacre Beach
Sous Chef - Talacre Beach
We are looking for an enthusiastic Sous Chef to join our five star team at Talacre Beach Resort near Prestatyn.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside our highly regarded Head Chef and his skilled team in the kitchen of Talacre Beach.
You will work alongside the friendly team where you will assist with the day to day running of the kitchen. As part of this role, you will be expected to oversee portion control, waste management, food preparation and all procedures within the kitchen area.
We are ideally looking for a Flintshire based Sous Chef with previous experience in the catering industry who is looking to take the next step in their career with one of the UK’s fastest growing holiday park operators. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic; helping to motivate our hard working team in what is a busy but rewarding environment as you prepare class leading cuisine for our members and guests.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a permanent position to work full time as a Sous Chef within a commutable distance of Prestatyn. You will be expected to work variable hours in this role, which will include evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays as and when needed.
As a much valued member of the Darwin Escapes family, you would gain access to a a range of training opportunities to help further your career and enjoy an array of staff benefits. This will include staff discounts at many of the on-site facilities we have available both at Talacre Beach and at our other UK holiday resorts.
- Prompt but consistent preparation of food provided to customers;
- Ensuring consistent portion sizes and looking after all kitchen waste management;
- Responsible for stock rotation and ordering;
- Ensuring that all menus and specials boards on display have the correct selling prices at all times;
- Ensuring that the kitchen and all other working areas are kept clean at all times;
- Ensuring that all food hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times and that the wider kitchen team follow these procedures.
What experience you will need
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar sous chef job role previously.
What skills you will need
- Candidates with existing catering qualification and a Level 3 Food Safety certificate are preferable;
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills;
- A positive work ethic with an ability to motivate the wider catering team;
- An eagerness to learn new skills and pass these onto the wider New Pines Bistro team;
- Having a full UK driving licence would be advantageous.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- *Subject to terms and conditions