General / Sales Manager - Fitness Space Surrey Quays, London
Fitness Space Surrey Quays is looking for an organised, ambitious & amicable General Manager to lead our team of awesome coaches. Fitness Space is a boutique gym concept created by former Olympic 400m athlete Tim Benjamin, focused on providing members a supportive, service orientated environment to achieve their goals. Fitness Space offers a premium results-driven, PT-focused membership in an unintimidating environment.
Fitness Space Surrey Quays has now been open for 2 years & we have grown our reputation for achieving results & delivering exceptional quality training / service, whilst being renowned for our friendly, relaxed & supportive training environment. We are very fortunate in that we have an amazing membership base of great people - very much a community focused gym, where everyone is amicable & supportive of one another.
We are looking for an organised, innovative leader to take the business to the next level. In turn, the bonus structure, autonomy & freedom to implement ideas will be granted to the successful candidate, in return for their dedication & commitment to growing the business.
We want our General Manager to lead from the front when it comes to training & sales. You will be required to train a handful of clients / take a few classes during our peak times, leaving you plenty of time for GM / sales duties during the rest of your shift. We feel that remaining in-touch with coaching is crucial to the growth / maintenance of relationships with members & leading from the front when it comes to our team of coaches.
Purpose: Manage the day to day operations of Fitness Space studio
Reporting to: Owner
- Ensure smooth day to day running of the facility including general operations and line management of all staff
- Devise and execute effective marketing, sales & retention plans
- Grow Fitness Space’s monthly membership revenue
- Grow and develop Fitness Space’s secondary spend projects
- Lead the sale of memberships & achievement of mutually set monthly targets
- Training a handful of high-value members / taking a handful of weekly classes
- Thorough and demonstrable understanding of the fitness industry (especially personal training) and the day to day operations of a gym environment
Dynamic leader, manager and team player
- Manages multiple stakeholders effectively
- Gets peoples' buy in with the vision and what it means for them
- Challenges and supports others to think differently
- Builds rapport effectively
- Use a range of influencing techniques across stakeholder groups (team, Board, suppliers)
- Manages time effectively
- Understands the businesses’ key commercial levers, able to talk knowledgeably about them and make appropriate recommendations.
- Devise effective operational plans and report against them to the owner on a weekly basis
- Report effectively against key financial levers (Monthly membership revenue, Secondary spend revenue, Prospect:Tour / Prospect:Sale ratios etc.)
- Leading membership sales / tours from the front - a natural ability to sell a premium product
- Monitor retention analytically
- Executes successful retention strategies
- Uphold effective alignment to Fitness Space member journey processes for all members
- Understand the customer lifecycle in depth, seeking feedback to inform retention plans
- Devise successful marketing campaigns and ensures their successful execution in line with monthly targets
- Identify market opportunities and innovative ways to drive membership (residential and corporate), secondary spend and overall revenue growth
- Understand and explores industry trends to inform plans
- Line Management of staff
- Help direct reports to set and review measurable goals
- Identify recruitment needs and appoints effectively at various levels of the organisation
- Identify team’s training needs and executes effective development plans
- Organise staff rota effectively
- Proactively ensure service quality growth in line with customer service feedback
- Evaluate current systems and processes to ensure they are fit for growth
- Assure quality delivery across all service offerings
- Manage budgets effectively
- Grow and develop secondary spend revenue streams
- Identify growth opportunities
- Identify and develop partnership opportunities
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for you to lead an awesome team in a results-driven, state-of-art but friendly & unintimidating training environment.
Fitness Space offers a highly competitive salary and bonus structure creating sustainable, mutually beneficial working relationships. The base salary & bonus structure weighting will be negotiable based upon your preference of base salary vs bonus driven (with the potential for higher earnings) pay structure.
If you feel you fit the profile & are passionate about leading an exceptional team of coaches here at Fitness Space Surrey Quays, please send a covering letter and CV and apply below.