Senior Instructor - Southampton
6 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
SENIOR INSTRUCTOR – Southampton
- Woodmill Outdoor Activities Centre,
- Full time
- Up to £22,000[KL1]
Active Nation are on the hunt for looking for an exceptional Senior Instructor who is able to draw on a range of outdoor coaching and teaching practices to oversee and deliver exceptional activities to customers, whist ensuring the day to day operation of the venue is seamless. We require someone who can translate their passion for outdoor activities into BRILLIANT leadership of instructors, whilst taking responsibility of a key venue area.
- Are you an enthusiastic individual with a positive customer-focused attitude?
- Do you have experience in delivering British Canoeing Training at a busy training centre?
- Can you inspire, encourage and motivate other instructors to deliver high-quality training at a popular south-coast centre?
This new role will report to the Venue Manager and will:
- Hold a British Canoe Coach Award and at least one of the following; Moderate water leader award, MT Climbing wall award/Rock climbing Instructor, European Ropes course association traditional ropes course instructor, Archery GB instructor. Desirable; British canoeing award provider[KL2]
- Have responsibility for a key department (resources/people) integral for the centres daily running
- Be responsible for the delivery of induction and on-going technical training of instructional staff
- Perform Duty manager shifts as required
- Oversee the delivery of the apprenticeship training programme
We would like you to be here when we are busiest, so being able to work a variety of day, early evening and weekend hours is required due to the seasonality of the venue. You’ll be leading key areas of our busy south-coast training venue where we proudly deliver training, activities and experiences for all ages and abilities in various NGB disciplines.
Woodmill – powered by Active Nation - is a popular outdoor activity venue nestled in the heart of Southampton, at the head of the River Itchen. The British Canoeing training venue delivers well established Canoe and Kayak courses, Instructor Training as well as popular land based adventures for families, corporate groups and schools.
As part of the Active Nation group, we are a very special charity with a very important role to fulfil. Our cause – led mission is to persuade the nation to be active and we intend to make a positive impact upon the health of communities’ right across the country. At our heart is a belief that we must excite our communities and ignite their enthusiasm for physical activity, sport and exercise.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- Free use of all Active Nation facilities
- Free parking
- Coaching and training opportunities
- Waterproof on water and shore-based kit for year-round comfort
- Discounted access to further training across our indoor leisure, outdoor activity and alpine snowsports centre
Closing Date for applying is Saturday 23rd January 2021. We believe everything starts with a conversation, so please submit your CV and a cover letter to Charlotte Boyce-Smith, Manager, or apply through our leisure jobs page, telling us why you are the best candidate for this role.
Apply for Senior Instructor - Southampton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly