General Manager – Hounslow Borough
General Manager – Hounslow Borough
Hounslow’s Leisure Services are under new management after we recently announced the successful transfer of all facilities to the Council and Lampton Leisure. The six leisure centres and five public halls in the borough owned by Hounslow Council will be run by this brand new entity.
Lampton Leisure has been set up as a not-for-profit organisation, which means that any financial gains will be reinvested back into the leisure centres, enabling us to improve our offer.
This is an incredibly exciting time for an experienced operator to join us and help us on the first steps to achieving our vision as we are currently seeking 2 experienced GM’s for sites within our portfolio. You core purpose will be to manage the Centre, overseeing all activities and delivering cost-effective first-class services and standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Significant management experience in the leisure or hospitality sector
- Experience of recruiting, developing and performance managing staff
- Active affiliation with appropriate networks and organisations and ongoing community involvement
- Clear understanding of all aspects of financial planning
- Knowledge of health and safety and employment legislation and best practice
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate with clients and third parties
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Leadership skills, including the ability to inspire, motivate and develop the team
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Results driven
- Acts as a role model
- Honest, but always constructive and positive
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Champions exemplary standards and service
- Responsible for own level of performance
- Models hygienic and safe ways of working
- Empowers individuals and teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- First Aid at Work qualification
- Pool Plant Operator qualification
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL):
- Management Team
- Clients / Local Authority
- Third party hirers / contractors
- Central support
- Contribute to the delivery of Lampton’s vision and strategy
- Guide the overall provision of services, policies and programmes to ensure the centre achieves its targets and objectives
- Implement, review and report on the Centre’s Annual Service plan and ensure it is properly understood by the centre’s management team and employees
- Ensure the development and implementation of, and compliance with, the centre’s annual financial plans
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the centre maximises its short-, medium- and long-term profitability
- Ensure the centre is properly resourced so that it is able to effectively and efficiently deliver the development plan and contractual terms and conditions
- Ensure the centre operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management team and employees
- Implement, maintain and manage an effective system of controls throughout the centre covering both financial and non-financial aspects of the business
- Provide clear leadership with regards to compliance with all health and safety procedures and requirements, fixing or escalating issues as appropriate.
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with at all times.
- Management, compliance, monitoring, reporting and communication of financial and physical resources and all administrative functions
- Ensure the centre fully complies with all relevant legislation and best practice
- Ensure customer, third party and client relationship management processes and procedures are fully implemented in the centre
- Deliver high quality services and standards within the centre, supported by Base Camp
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Lampton’s Safeguarding policy.
- Lead and develop an effective, cohesive centre management team to deliver on their individual and centre objectives
- In conjunction with the HR team implement effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies for the centre
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisal, development and performance management of staff, including 1-2-1s
- Ensure the centre is properly resourced to deliver the business objectives
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
To work in accordance with the Company’s customer care, conservation and environmental policies and to promote Lampton Leisure Ltd good name and effective working relationships with outside organisations.
Health & Safety at Work
Lampton Leisure Ltd Health and Safety Policy and Procedures together with, where applicable, the Department’s Policy Statement and all relevant Health & Safety at Work instructions are to be considered as part of this Job Description.
Compliance with Lampton Leisure Ltd Code of Conduct
All employees have an obligation to comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
Lampton Group and its subsidiaries are committed to maintain the privacy of all its staff and customers. It expects all staff to handle all individuals ‘personal information in a sensitive and professional manner. All staff are under an obligation not to gain access or attempt to gain access to information they are not authorised to have.
Employees shall not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, nationality, disability or age and shall seek to eliminate such discrimination by others to promote equal opportunities. Employees will be afforded equal opportunities in employment irrespective of disability, gender, race, religion, age, sexuality, marital status, parental status, caring responsibilities and hours of work.
Any Other Duties
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within the company, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
Apply for General Manager – Hounslow Borough
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly