Shop Supervisor - Fritzrovia Central London
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
£9.55 per hourShift Pattern and Contracted Hours
A fantastic opportunity to join the team in a brand new travel hub Greggs shop in St Pancras station! As Supervisor, you'll be supporting the Shop manager, Andzrej in the day to day running of the shop operations. This is a great opportunity for someone who see's themselves as a future shop manager and is friendly and willing to learn and gain great experience in a busy shop. You'll need to be very flexible in your availability over 5 days a week and your working week will include weekends when needed. The shop trading times are from 6am till 11pm and you'll need to be available to do opening shifts or closing shifts between these times. If this sounds like a challenge you'd enjoy, please get in touch to arrange an interview with the area manager, Ben.Job Description
Supervisors play a key role in the day to day running of our shops; you will work closely with both the Shop Manager and your team to ensure a fantastic shopping experience for our customers.
As well as some of the more practical tasks such as food prep and keeping the shop clean; you’ll also need to keep your team engaged and motivated to deliver fast and friendly service.
Our shops are non-stop busy places so you’ll have to stay focussed on delivering excellent standards and great products all whilst keeping an eye on your targets.
You will be responsible for running shifts throughout the week, cashing up and keeping an eye on every detail so some experience of supervising a team in a customer service environment is essential.
Most importantly your enthusiasm, hard work and leadership skills will inspire your team to deliver great results.
Your passion and an appetite to succeed as well as basic numeracy and computer skills are all you need to kick start your career at Greggs.
Everyone in our family values hard work, commitment and a flexible approach to working hours.Skills
To be able to:
- Deliver great service experiences for your customers
- Support a high performing team
- Together with your Shop Manager achieve consistently high standards
- Assist your Shop Manager to drive sales in your shop
- Contribute to the profit of your shop
• Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
• Your holiday entitlement starts with 4.2 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one and a half years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.