Driver – South West London
3 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Driver – South West London
Bayley & Sage is growing, and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Driver to join our team in South West London.
About the role
As a member of the Distribution Centre (DC) team, you will report to the DC Supervisor. You will be required to drive regularly to all Bayley & Sage locations including the fresh food markets, being responsible for the delivery and collection of our goods. Your duties will include loading, unloading, collecting and delivering products safely and accurately to and from different locations adhering to the Distribution Centre schedule. You will also be required to provide cover in the DC for warehouse duties as necessary. The purpose of this role is to deliver all products in a timely and professional manner and to maintain a professional interaction with all Bayley & Sage staff, suppliers and customers. This role does involve moving, lifting and bending.
- To operate an efficient delivery and pick-up service of Bayley and Sage’s products, between stores and Distribution Centre
- Ensure pick-up and delivery of goods from the New Convent Garden Markets on scheduled days (Mon, Wed, Fri)
- To represent the Distribution Centre and Bayley & Sage in a professional manner at all times
- To drive with due care and attention at all times and act in accordance with all transport / parking regulations
- To maintain all driver logs and reports as required incl. mileage
- Keep your vehicle clean
- Provide cover in the DC for receiving deliveries, unloading and organising them, and picking, packing, and checking of products as necessary
- Ensure the DC is kept clean, tidy, organised and ensure areas are clear of rubbish at all times
You will be a hard worker, willing to roll your sleeves up and get on with the job at hand. You are looking for a long-term position and have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude. You will be physically capable as heavy lifting is involved in the day to day role. Previous experience in a similar role is not essential but you must have a valid, clean UK driving licence. You will need a reasonable level of English language.
You will be available to start early in the morning, particularly on market days when the start is at 4.30 a.m. and you will be flexible to work across 7 days as our business is open 7 days a week. Ideally, you will live within easy commutable reach of the DC which is based in Earlsfield. Ultimately, you are passionate about delivering great service on time and with a smile.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 30% staff discount in-store with special discount on your Birthday
- 28 days holiday
- Career progression
Bayley & Sage is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background.
Apply for Driver – South West London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly