Grounds and Maintenance Manager
We need someone who will oversee all maintenance and grounds, keeping the park in tip-top condition and looking spectacular; repairing, maintaining, renewing and improving everything from the entrance signage to the back fence.
Who are we?
In a spectacular estuary setting, Mersea Island Holiday Park offers peace and serenity for guests who want to step away from everyday life and enjoy a complete break. Added magic is provided by an indoor swimming pool and unforgettable events such as Cream Pie Fights, our famous Colour Festival, and a Music Weekender. Mersea Island is one of six Away Resorts holiday parks shaking up the Great British holiday. Find out more on our website: http://www.awayresorts.co.uk/mersea-island
What you will be doing
As part of our team of holiday heroes, you will manage the Maintenance team to ensure everything is in good working order. Your work will include:
- Monitoring that the Landscaping is to our high standards
- Working with third party suppliers to oversee the moving and siting of Caravans safely, including planning and completion of external plumbing
- Allocating maintenance jobs; everything from replacing light bulbs to troubleshooting faulty locks and cutting keys
- Carrying out maintenance checks and repairs on changeover days, working with other tradespeople when necessary
- On-call duties providing security to the park when required
- Genuine drive to see the jobs through to completion
- Pretty much anything else that other people can’t do!
Guests and staff will look to you to fix what’s broken and restore order, so you will need to be confident, friendly and obliging in addition to your practical skills.
One more thing…holidays happen at holiday times, so you’ll need to work your magic on bank holidays, evenings and weekends too.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
We will train you, but you’ll need to have the following skills and experience to apply for this role:
- Experience of managing a team of trades and general assistants
- Experience in property maintenance, construction and facilities management Understanding of Budgets, P&L, Purchase and ordering systems
- An understanding of Health & Safety at work
- A good standard of education, ideally to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Driving licence is essential
Add in the ability to think for yourself and be proactive, great people skills, unfailing enthusiasm and extremely high standards of craftsmanship - if you’ve got all that, you’re in the running.
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun loving, people centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers – if that’s fired up your curiosity, have a read about it here and decide if it describes you.
What we can offer you
- Competitive Pension
- Bonus Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Discounts on Away Resorts Holidays
- On Park Discounts
- Awards Nights
- Team Incentives
- Team Get Togethers
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts, check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers.
Our promise to you
Holiday Heroes come with all sorts of different super-powers, and we welcome them all!
We embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. From our investors, to our teams we love that everyone comes from different backgrounds, allowing us to grow and inspire each other. We’ll never accept any form of discrimination and we’ll forever strive not just for our product to be unique but our people too. Afterall, wouldn’t it be boring if we were all the same? In short, we want to bring your whole self to work!