Shift Engineer - London
Shift Engineer - London
As a Shift Engineer, you will support our Director of Engineering and senior team as a custodian of our property and assets. Your role is predominately operational, and you will provide day to day engineering support to the hotel and ensure that our product is maintained to the highest standards for all our guests and employees to enjoy.
As a trade specialist (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing or a/c Refrigeration) you will naturally feel comfortable ‘working on the tools’ and have a flexible and adaptive hands-on operational approach in order to prioritise work and deal with potential emergency situations if they arise. You’ll be equally comfortable in both front and back of house areas, in plant rooms and kitchens, through to ensuring our guest bedrooms are well maintained and are consistently presented in a pristine condition.
You’ll oversee a range of daily engineering duties including the implementation of Health & Safety, safety checks, testing and monitoring the BMS and plant and of course the supervision of contractors supporting various service level agreements for plant and equipment.
Do you have what it takes to be a Shift Engineer at The Standard?
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. You’ll intrinsically understand the unique microcosm and the context of our venues and city you represent.
While prior experience as a Shift Engineer is always useful all are welcome at the Standard; you will have however an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires. In addition to this you will also need….
- A proven track record as a Shift Engineer or ideally gained in a similar ‘Lifestyle’ or boutique hotel sector; facilities department in a large complex building with multiple venues or related leisure industry
- A qualified trade professional; must hold UK trade qualifications/licences for Electrical, combined with a solid understanding of hotel operations, facilities and BMS
- A solid understanding of Health & Safety, Fire, Building Safety and facilities legislation
- Highly organised with great attention to detail; previous use of Knowcross or similar facilities management system would be advantageous
- Your communication skills will be exceptional with the ability and confidence to build strong working relationships at all levels of the business; including guests
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and nights as the engineering team provide 24 hour coverage
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be our Shift Engineer, we’d love to hear from you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.
Handyman – South West London Easy Apply!