Team Leader / Duty Manager – Hounslow
Hounslow’s Leisure Services are under new management after we recently announced the successful transfer of all facilities to the Council and Lampton Leisure. The six leisure centres and five public halls in the borough owned by Hounslow Council will be run by this brand new entity.
Lampton Leisure has been set up as a not-for-profit organisation, which means that any financial gains will be reinvested back into the leisure centres, enabling us to improve our offer.
This is an incredibly exciting time for a motivated Team Leader / Duty Manager to join us and help us on the first steps to achieving our vision You core purpose will be to provide day to day operational supervision of the centre, under the direction of the senior manager on duty.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Supervisory experience in the hospitality or service industries.
- Understanding of membership management and retention systems.
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills.
- Good numerical and written skills.
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- First Aid at Work Qualification
- Pool Plant Operator Qualification
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL):
- Management Team
- Third Party Hires / Contractors
- Ensure a welcoming front of house presence is delivered at all times when the centre is open.
- Assume responsibility for centre operations on a shift rota basis, ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the facility, including key holding, opening and/or closing the centre.
- Co-ordinate the efficient and effective deployment of the team, to meet the financial and operational demands of the centre.
- Undertake fitness instruction, reception, pool supervision and /or membership sales as required.
- Undertake cash reconciliation and banking duties in accordance with financial policy and procedures.
- Assist in the development and management of a well-balanced activity and event programme.
- Prepare reports on the centre’s operations, events and incidents where necessary.
- Ensure that the centre is secure and maintained to the required standards of cleanliness and repair.
- Carry out and supervise cleaning tasks in accordance with centre cleaning schedule, including carrying out and supervising contract cleaning checks.
- Carry out relevant and required health and safety and Basecamp checks, logging and escalating where necessary.
- Carry out minor repairs and remedial work to equipment where necessary.
- Deliver induction, training, appraisal, development and performance management of staff where required, including 1-2-1s.
- Carry out team briefings (Huddles), disseminating centre initiatives, procedures and communications.
- Provide clear leadership with regards to compliance with all health and safety procedures and requirements, fixing or escalating issues as appropriate.
- Management of specific activities and initiatives as required, under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate.
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
To work in accordance with the Company’s customer care, conservation and environmental policies and to promote Lampton Leisure Ltd good name and effective working relationships with outside organisations.
Health & Safety at Work
Lampton Leisure Ltd Health and Safety Policy and Procedures together with, where applicable, the Department’s Policy Statement and all relevant Health & Safety at Work instructions are to be considered as part of this Job Description.
Compliance with Lampton Leisure Ltd Code of Conduct
All employees have an obligation to comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct.
Lampton Group and its subsidiaries are committed to maintain the privacy of all its staff and customers. It expects all staff to handle all individuals ‘personal information in a sensitive and professional manner. All staff are under an obligation not to gain access or attempt to gain access to information they are not authorised to have.
Employees shall not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, nationality, disability or age and shall seek to eliminate such discrimination by others to promote equal opportunities. Employees will be afforded equal opportunities in employment irrespective of disability, gender, race, religion, age, sexuality, marital status, parental status, caring responsibilities and hours of work.
Any Other Duties
These duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities within the company, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.