Early Years Instructor - Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire
Reporting to: Camp Manager
Summary of Position:
Ultimate Activity Camps is a leading provider of holiday childcare in the UK. Our trusted holiday camps operate at venues across the country offering outstanding childcare & activity provision to children whilst providing peace of mind to parents.
The role of the Early Years Instructor is to ensure the welfare and safety of the children on Camp is maintained at all times, and to deliver outstanding, structured sports, arts and play activities to the Early Years children enrolled on Camp – our Ultimate Activity Juniors.
With support and direction from the Early Years Manager, you will have a pastoral role, being a key contact for the 4 and 5 year olds on Camp, taking a lead in maintaining their welfare and providing high quality care.
The activities offered will follow EYFS requirements for learning and development, with the emphasis being on participation and quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver activities for children, normally aged 4-5, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment.
- Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
- Help to set up The Ultimate Activity Camp by attending a Camp Induction Day.
- Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the EY Manager and/or parents as necessary.
- Supervision of children outside of activity times.
- Ensure the provision of childcare is of a high quality at all times, in order to meet the needs of individual children from differing backgrounds, and stages of development.
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/inventory etc).
- Ideally qualified to Level 2 in Early Years, or working towards a degree level qualification in a related subject.
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity.
- Previous experience teaching children aged 4-5 in in a sport, art or education setting.
- Confident instructor, able to adjust delivery and structure according to age and ability.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on Camp.
- Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare and coaching industry.
- Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
- Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm week days. Full time or part time roles available.
- Pay: £274.15 - £464 per week plus holiday pay.