People Development Manager
People Development Manager
Sandy Balls Holiday Village, Fordingbridge
Permanent, 40 Hours
What we need in a Nutshell
We are looking for an experienced HR Advisor who will flourish in a fast-moving, customer-focused environment. The role covers a broad spectrum of HR duties including Employee Relations, Recruitment and Learning and Development. The role will be based on Park alongside the Operations Team and you will work as part of our wider People Operations Team to support the delivery of our overall people strategy.
Who are we?
Sandy Balls Holiday Village, hidden amongst the tall trees of the New Forest, is a world away from the day to day. Our guests enjoy holiday adventures such as alpaca rides and forest laser tag, as well as moments of peace and relaxation in our sparkling accommodation. Sandy Balls is one of six Away Resorts holiday parks shaking up the Great British holiday. Find out more on our website www.awayresorts.co.uk.
What you’ll be doing
You will be managing full HR mix, supporting our location managers to recruit, develop and retain the best people in the hospitality sector. This includes:
- Generating and implementing ideas that create an amazing team culture, and ensuring that training and development opportunities are delivered;
- Actively managing the recruitment process across the park and constantly seeking news way in which to attract the best talent.
- Managing employee relations issues such as disciplinaries and grievances;
- Championing best practice in equality, diversity and inclusion and ensuring H&S Risk Assessments are in place for employees and circumstances where they are required;
- Keeping procedures, policies and documentation, such as contracts and offer letters, up to date and fit for purpose;
- Championing the use of our online HR information systems
- Ensuring people understand our key people management processes, policies and procedures;
- Encouraging two-way communication with team members and responding to feedback and suggestions positively.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
If you can demonstrate the following, we’d love to hear from you:
- In depth experience of dealing with employee relations case work;
- Experience in large scale and specialist role recruitment.
- Experience of delivering people management training to line managers;
- Experience of supporting managers to find solutions and of developing collaborative and productive relationships with a wide variety of individuals;
- Resilience and self-motivation;
- Great communication skills and the ability to adapt, depending on the audience;
- Willingness to occasionally travel and be away from home for key meetings.
It’s the icing on the cake if you have a CIPD Level 5 or are willing to study for it, a degree or equivalent qualification, and experience of working with stakeholders across multiple locations and from multiple backgrounds.
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun-loving, people-centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers - have a read about it on our website and decide if it describes you.
What we can offer you
- Competitive Pension
- Bonus Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Discounts on Away Resorts Holidays
- On Park Discounts
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers