Interim SAP Payroll Manager - Newcastle upon Tyne
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Manager with SAP experience to join the Payroll team on a six-month interim contract. We have nearly completed the implementation of SAP payroll, with 1 of 4 legacy payrolls remaining to be migrated to SAP.Join the Family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.Salary
Competitive Salary based on experienceWork Pattern
Are usually working days are Monday- Friday however due to the nature of our business you may be required to be flexible,Job Description
The main focus of this role will be taking over responsibility for managing payroll processing for the 3 payrolls currently live on SAP, to allow our Payroll Manager to complete the migration of the final legacy payroll. This would include reviewing our current processes on SAP and suggesting improvements to enhance our processes and controls. The Interim SAP Payroll Manager would also review our approach to defect resolution and testing and improve these processes. The successful candidate would also be responsible for managing the SAP service pack upgrade with the IT team ahead of the start of the 2021/22 tax year.
The role will report into the Head of Financial Control, with a dotted line to our Payroll Manager to ensure a thorough sharing of responsibility for all payroll processing.
Experience of managing a SAP Payroll essential
Knowledge of SAP Successfactors for people data management would be desirable
Strong technical payroll skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel, in particular database functions including lookups and pivot tables
- Great customer facing skills – both internal (cross-functionally) and external
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Used to working to tight deadlines and meeting targets
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy of information provided
- A proactive approach will be required to ensure the role meets business needs
- Management of 3 SAP payrolls covering circa 23,000 employees.
- Review and enhance current processes on SAP.
- Managing the SAP service pack upgrade ahead of the start of the 2021/22 tax year.
Key Leadership Competencies:
Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills, Managing Change, Influential Communication and Impact, Results Focused, Customer Focus, and Working the Greggs way.Benefits
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 12.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- The Management Pension Scheme is supported by a free life assurance scheme. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible