Apprentice Gardener - Luton
Apprentice Gardener - Luton
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf & Spa have an exciting opportunity to complete a Horticulture Apprenticeship in a luxury hospitality environment.
The Apprentice Gardener Role:
As Apprentice Gardener you will work along side the Estates Manager and other members of the estates team ensuring that the grounds of Luton Hoo are maintained to the highest standard. You will learn about the history of the gardens including architects and landscape gardeners who have developed the estate. You will be part of preparing the gardens and wider estate for the enjoyment of our hotel guests. You will assist in the maintenance of all herbaceous boarders, propagation, amenity lawns, tree care and other horticultural tasks. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain hands-on gardening experience whilst working towards your qualification.
Working hours & apprenticeship details:
You will be completing an intermediate level apprenticeship and gain the qualification of 'Horticulture Operative'. The apprenticeship will be delivered on-the-job and will also require college attendance one day a week. The expected duration of the apprenticeship is 24 months. The working week will consist of 35 hours, typically over 5 working days with college attendance is included in the total working hours. A competitive apprenticeship salary will be paid to the successful candidate.
Attributes & Requirements:
- A desire to build a career in Horticulture
- An enthusiastic, motivated individual with a positive can-do attitude
- A team player with the willingness to learn new skills
- Good communication skills
Progression within gardening team as trainee gardener or gardener.
About the Hotel
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf & Spa one of the country's finest 5 star hotels, is set in the heart of 1065 acres of historic gardens and parkland designed by Capability Brown. With our 2 rosette Wernher Restaurant and award winning Adam's Brasserie we are committed to delivering hospitality to the highest standard. Our five star facilities include a luxurious spa, championship golf course, state of the art conference facilities and shooting school.
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded and unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
As a people focused Investor In People Company we offer a great range of benefits to the successful candidate.
- A share of the service charge
- Free meals on duty
- Uniform provided and dry cleaned
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent staff rates including overnight stays, spa treatments and dining
- Discounted stays at hotels across the world with Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free Car Parking
- Employee referral scheme
- Onsite accommodation available
- Internal training opportunities
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Enhanced holiday programme for long service