Apprentice Greenkeeper - Luton
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf & Spa have an exciting opportunity to complete a Greenkeeping Apprenticeship in a luxury hospitality environment.
The Greenkeeping Apprentice Role:
As a Greenkeeping Apprentice you will work along side the Estate Manager and other members of the greenkeeping team ensuring that the Luton Hoo Hotel & Country Club Golf Course is maintained to the highest standard with regard to presentation and safety. As Apprentice Greenkeeper this is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain hands-on Greenkeeping experience whilst working towards your qualification.
Working hours & apprenticeship details:
You will be completing an intermediate level apprenticeship and gain the qualification of 'Golf Greenkeeper'. The apprenticeship will be delivered on-the-job and will also require college attendance one day a week. The expected duration of the apprenticeship is 18-24 months. The working week will consist of 35 hours, typically over 5 working days. A competitive apprenticeship salary will be paid to the successful candidate.
Attributes & Requirements:
- A desire to build a career in Greenkeeping
- An enthusiastic, motivated individual with a positive can-do attitude
- A team player with the willingness to learn new skills
- Good communication skills
Progression within the greenkeeping team as trainee greenkeeper or greenkeeper.
About the Hotel
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf & Spa one of the country's finest 5 star hotels, is set in the heart of 1065 acres of historic gardens and parkland designed by Capability Brown. With our 2 rosette Wernher Restaurant and award winning Adam's Brasserie we are committed to delivering hospitality to the highest standard. Our five star facilities include a luxurious spa, championship golf course, state of the art conference facilities and shooting school.
At Elite Hotels we have a single minded and unwavering goal to make every visit to our hotels a positive experience that customers feel compelled to talk about.
As a people focused Investor In People Company we offer a great range of benefits to the successful candidate.
- A share of the service charge
- Free meals on duty
- Uniform provided and dry cleaned
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent staff rates including overnight stays, spa treatments and dining
- Discounted stays at hotels across the world with Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Employee Assistance programme
- Free Car Parking
- Employee referral scheme
- Onsite accommodation available
- Internal training opportunities
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Enhanced holiday programme for long service