Store Manager - Dundee
Role: Store Manager / Location: Dundee / Salary: £26,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits / Hours of work: 40 hours per week - any 5 out of 7 days, working a mixture of early and late shifts covering the stores opening and closing times.
How you can make a difference
Are you passionate about coaching and developing your team? Do you have the drive to exceed targets? Are you looking to gain and develop your professional and personal skills? At Armadillo Self Storage, our employees are the face and heart of our business. When customers visit a store, their experience starts with you. It’s crucial that you’ll have the eagerness to be warm and welcoming, making them feel looked after as soon as they walk in the door. We like to think of ourselves as ‘people people’, so if a customer looks like they want a cup of tea, get the kettle on.
Using your brilliant people skills, you’ll determine what our customers’ situation is and provide the relevant solutions and support they need. Whether it be; putting your cracking sales skills to use by promoting our products or using your entrepreneurial skills to grow and develop your store. With full training provided right from the start, once you step through our door you will be fully supported in your career.
What we would like from you
We love a bit of get up and go, so don’t be afraid of getting stuck into your work with passion and enthusiasm. As a Store Manager you will have the drive and determination to grow and develop your business and team, taking accountability in all aspects of running your store.
Below are some of the key areas you will be required to fulfil:
- Plan and prioritise the work of you and your team
- Provide regular coaching and support to your team, encouraging development both professionally and personally
- Ensure you and your team provide the highest level of customer service
- Maximise store profitability and performance exceeding sales at every opportunity
- Maintain commercial awareness to improve team and store performance
- Ensure you and your team maintain the cleanliness and maintenance of the store
- Manage store compliance and administration ensuring standards are met
- Take full accountability for store performance and teams well-being
- Continually review you and your teams performance, providing guidance and support
- Promote a positive and flexible approach to daily management of your store/team
- Provide support within your area when required
Our ideal Store Manager will demonstrate
- Great leadership qualities having led a successful team by example
- Excellent prioritisation skills with the drive to exceed targets
- A genuine desire to support and inspire your team
- Hunger and enthusiasm to drive the store forward
- The ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Good commercial awareness and strong communication skills
- A positive attitude and not being afraid of a challenge
- A flexible approach to yours and your team’s working hours
What we give back to you
At Armadillo Self Storage we believe in a good work life balance, and promoting health and wellbeing, is vital to the happiness of our employees. Some of our excellent benefits include:
- Competitive rates of pay reviewed on an annual basis
- Monthly and quarterly bonuses averaging around 10-12% (up to a maximum of 25%)
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Holiday entitlement increasing with service
- Training and support to help you develop a great career with us
- Great pension scheme
- Social events throughout the year
- Family friendly policies to include enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption packages
- Free on -site parking
- Cycle to work scheme and gym discounts
- Vouchers for life events
- Day off to volunteer for one of our charity partners
A bit about us
Voted the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for It’s a great time to join Big Yellow/Armadillo. Founded in 1998 we provide secure and modern self-storage for homes and businesses whilst working hard to create an environmentally sustainable business. We now operate from a platform of 99 stores, including 24 stores branded as Armadillo Self Storage. We are constantly adding to our portfolio and are certainly a secure Company to work for.
We also recognise the importance of supporting local community projects and charities through fundraising and donating free storage space. Our recently launched Big Yellow Foundation supports charities helping vulnerable people to find employment.