Technical Product Developer - London
Technical Product Developer - London
Salary (£30,000) depending on experience.
Bamford is a philosophy rather than a seasonal fashion label. It began with the passionate convictions of our founder Carole Bamford to make natural products using the best artisans from around the world. Bamford was founded on the belief that we need to be mindful of our connection to the earth – to live consciously, respect nature’s resources and the land that provides for us. We believe in the need to nurture body, mind and spirit in tandem – to feel well and to feel happy the three need to be aligned and in harmony.
About the role
As our Technical Product Develop, you’ll be responsible for driving the critical path for the woven, jersey and scarves categories by making sure of the timely completion of samples and of a smooth transition into production.
You’ll be able to demonstrate exceptional technical skills as well as a sensitivity towards our high quality, beautifully designed and carefully considered products.
This role is integral to the wider design and buying team and will proactively and efficiently facilitate the communication between departments.
- Working alongside design to translate sketch into final garment by advising on best construction and fabrication with target costs in mind;
- Allocate styles based on manufacturers’ skills and capabilities;
- Proactively support the sample, pattern and specification process to ensure suppliers are fully equipped for sampling and production;
- Create clear, accurate product specifications including graded size chart, trim details, construction methods and fit comments (tech packs);
- Fill and update seasonal Line Detail for the categories mentioned above;
- Ensure the quality and performance of products meet the highest standard;
- Contribute to the in-house creation of patterns/alterations as well as managing external consultants with an eye on budget;
- Establish a consistent grading rule across the woven and jersey category to be followed through with the external graders;
- Liaise with our external grading company to make sure graded patterns are sent to suppliers according to critical path;
- Fabric and trims sourcing for sampling;
- Avoid delays on raw materials’ deliveries by working closely with Production on payments’ submission;
- Keep an accurate archive of patterns, fabrics, trims and samples that could be consulted by the team when needed;
- Organise and lead fit meetings;
- Perform QC of all ranges, excluding knitwear, when production is complete by being able to identify any manufacturing/pattern faults;
- Provide detailed technical advice and assistance to factories daily to ensure samples are delivered on time;
- Be an active player in promoting an effective and concise communication with all stakeholders involved from supply chain to marketing and wholesale and ensure a smooth handover of samples;
- Build a strong relationship with our mills and be willing to visit them when needed.
As our Technical Product Developer, you’ll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within luxury womenswear required;
- Excellence knowledge of garment construction and pattern understanding;
- Experience in pattern cutting and grading is essential;
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Excel;
- Experience of working with garment/fabric suppliers in the UK and oversees;
- Organised, meticulous and excellent communication skills;
- Proactive and able to build relationships easily;
- Team oriented approach.
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local Daylesford store)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you.