Gym Instructor - Pocklington
1 day left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Gym Instructor - Pocklington
A position has become available for a Gym Instructor to join the team at The Kilnwick Percy Resort, in Pocklington. This is an excellent chance for someone with a keen interest in leisure to gain valuable experience at our five star resort.
This is an exciting and rewarding position that will provide great job satisfaction for the right candidate. You will work with our friendly Gym Supervisor to provide a range of fitness classes and advice to guests alongside carrying out a wide variety of other duties. Day to day responsibilities are varied and include all aspects of the gym. They will include ensuring a high level of cleanliness is maintained throughout, providing help and advice to guests where required and monitoring and promoting gym memberships.
We are looking for an individual with many skills. Ideally you will hold a PT qualification and have experience teaching classes, be outgoing and approachable. Above all else you will show the desire to work as a team to ensure the success of the gym.
Finally, you will have excellent customer interaction skills to ensure customer service is always delivered to a five star standard.
This is a permanent position to work variable hours so flexibility is required. Working hours can include weekends and bank holidays.
The Gym Instructor position is perfect for anyone searching for leisure jobs within Pocklington and the surrounding areas.
- Liaise with the Gym Supervisor to ensure membership sales are maintained by upselling new gym memberships and renewals.
- Deliver pre-planned fitness classes.
- Complete gym equipment checks and record and escalate any defects or hazards.
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of the gym, changing rooms and guests at all times.
- Checking of cleaning products and supplements.
What experience you will need
- You will have similar previous experience.
- Previous experience in personal training or teaching classes is an advantage.
What skills you will need
- Excellent levels of customer service to ensure high standards are met.
- Driving licence and ability to drive is advantageous to enable you to get to the KP Club.
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude with willingness to learn.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- *Subject to terms and conditions