Recreation Assistant - Casual Lifeguard - London
4 days left
- Job Type
The role of a Casual Lifeguard:
Fusion Lifestyle's Casual Lifeguards (Recreation Assistants), work on a casual, zero-hour basis, ensuring a safe and enjoyable customer experience for all users of the Centre’s facilities. They also perform other duties; such as cleaning assigned areas, setting-up and breaking-down various activities and events, and conducting pool testing according to procedures. Our Lifeguards / Recreation Assistants also actively engage with members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging repeat bookings, dealing with any customer queries and delivering a high level of customer service at all times.
As a Casual Lifeguard you will benefit from the flexibility of working a casual, zero-hour contract, as well as the satisfaction of knowing that you are employed by one of the leisure industry’s leading operators.
Your hours of work will vary according to the needs of the business. You’ll be required to work any of a number of shift patterns, which could include weekends, early mornings / later evenings and bank holidays; so you’ll need to be flexible and approachable, with a real “can-do”, team-player attitude!
Hygiene, Health and Safety:
These are key parts of the role, so you’ll need to champion and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedures when on duty. You’ll also need to:
- Carry out pool testing and other health and safety checks as directed by Centre Management, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times where appropriate
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning, maintenance and remedial work of relevant equipment and fittings to the highest possible standards, carrying out inspections and bringing to the attention of the Centre Management any faults or major repairs
- Proactively direct and manage customer behaviour during use of the pool and other relevant facilities, to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
What we are looking for:
In order to be considered for a Casual Lifeguard position at Fusion Lifestyle, you need to be a strong swimmer, and have excellent customer service skills. You should also have:
- A UK recognised pool lifeguard qualification (*training can be provided - T&C's apply)
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation, and the ability to exercise these in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to appropriately correct behaviour of pool users; and the ability to quickly build trust and rapport with customers
- High standard of physical fitness
- Ability to deliver first class customer service to a diverse client base
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers and business
*Training: Places on NPLQ Courses are limited, and may be subject to learning agreements. If you are offered a place on a NPLQ Course, you will need to agree to attend all course dates.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you!
Click on the link to apply.
If your application is received after November the 5th, it is unlikely that our teams will be able to review or respond to your application until the recent lockdown is lifted. We are hoping this will be in early December. However, please don’t let that put you off from applying; we are eager to hear from you, and we will be in touch with some feedback as soon as we are able to do so!
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.