Head Chef – Winter 20/21
The crème de la crème!
A winter season with SkiBound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
Our club hotels, resorts and shining reputation means SkiBound are market leaders in ski experiences for both guests and staff!
The low down as a Head Chef…
Our kitchens are the key ingredient to our bustling club hotels. As a Head Chef with SkiBound you will be the driving force for delivering high cover, high quality meals appealing to a younger palette. You’ll also lead your brigade in creating a more exciting and sophisticated menu for our adult guests.
Our kitchen teams are a vibrant mix of abilities and a vital part of your role will be to inspire and develop our more junior members of the team. Through your passion for food and the industry, you will be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in with the cooking alongside your team. You’ll also be a great multi-tasker and ensure all key tasks are undertaken to achieve smooth and successful services. This includes stock control, ordering, budgeting and due diligence for cleanliness and health and safety standards.
Working in a mountain kitchen is a unique experience and we will provide you with training on how things are done in France!
Our motto at SkiBound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for
- Confident heading up a team and running a kitchen
- Proven experience of independent stock control and ordering
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements
- Able to work in line with the Hotel Manager to establish budgets and hit KPI targets
- Resourcefulness – at the top of the mountain you’ll need to be creative with ingredients, menus and available equipment
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck – from basic food prep to an end of service clean
- A desire and the necessary knowledge to develop more junior members of your team
What’s in it for you…
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- SkiBound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We ask applicants to be fully available from December 2020 to April 2021
- Applicants must be in possession of a full and in-date UK or EU passport
- Specific job role training takes place in resort
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly
“Due to Brexit implications from 1st January 2021, Skibound are particularly interested in applications from candidates with a European passport, French Working Visa or Carte de Sejour.”