Kitchen Porter - France
Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter – Winter 20/21
From dusk till dawn!
A winter season with SkiBound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
Our club hotels, resorts and shining reputation means SkiBound are market leaders in ski experiences for both guests and staff!
The low down as a Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter…
As a Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter you will have the best of both worlds. A combination of day and night shifts will give you more flexibility when it comes to mountain time. By day, you will be an integral part of the kitchen team and ensure our chefs have a clean and organised setting in order to create delicious guest and staff meals. Your main mission for each service will be to keep the pots and pans clean. You’ll also get involved in basic food preparation – a great way to kick start your career in the kitchen, if that’s what you’re looking for!
By night, you will be the eyes and ears of the hotel, dealing with basic customer queries or issues as and when they arise. You’ll also carry out health and safety checks, some cleaning duties and generally making sure everything is ticking over (quietly!), so our guests get a good night’s rest. You may even put your Kitchen Porter skills to the test again with helping to prepare takeaway lunches for the guests’ next day of skiing.
Our motto at SkiBound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for…
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Works well individually and as part of a team
- Previous cleaning or kitchen experience is preferred but not essential
- Happy to work both day and nights shifts on a rotational pattern
- Customer service experience
What’s in it for you…
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- SkiBound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We ask applicants to be fully available from December 2020 to April 2021
- Applicants must be in possession of a full and in-date UK or EU passport
- Specific job role training takes place in resort
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly
“Due to Brexit implications from 1st January 2021, Skibound are particularly interested in applications from candidates with a European passport, French Working Visa or Carte de Sejour.”