French Speaking Bar Person – Winter 20/21
A winter season with SkiBound is like no other. We offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world, with school and youth groups at the heart of our business. You will be based at one of our 5 lively club hotels across 3 resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe d’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
Our club hotels, resorts and shining reputation means SkiBound are market leaders in ski experiences for both guests and staff!
The low down as a French Speaking Bar Person…
Le Skilt bar is Les Menuires’ hot spot for all things après. From a mid-morning hot chocolate to an alpine lunch and a genepi with live music in the evening, Le Skilt bar has it all! With beautiful views of the resort, Le Skilt bar caters for French locals and ski tourists from around the world. Your French language skills and fun personality will be showcased on our busy outdoor terrace as you take orders, serve refreshments and deal with customer queries. You’ll also support the back of house operation with putting away deliveries and cleaning duties.
At Le Skilt bar you’ll be part of a large and successful team that thrives from working within a fast-paced environment in the heart of ‘Les Trois Vallées!’
Our motto at SkiBound is ‘teamwork makes the dream work!’ We are looking for positive, can-do individuals who share our teamwork ethos – Our job adverts will give you a good flavour for each job role but other duties within the scope of each role may be required.
What we’re looking for…
- Bar experience
- Previous customer facing work experience
- French speaker (conversational to fluent – more than just ‘Bonjour!’)
- Cash and card handling experience in a busy environment
- Enjoys working within a large team – but can show initiative and work independently if needed!
- Confident in juggling multiple tasks and knowing when to prioritise
What’s in it for you…
- Role specific training once in resort
- Role progression and the chance to return for future winter and summer seasons
- SkiBound ski equipment hire, Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA
The extra bits…
- Please apply for just ONE role – The role you feel you are best suited to and most interested in. We will assess your application against other vacancies without you have to apply for multiple positions
- If you are applying as a couple, please apply INDIVIDUALLY for your chosen roles and include the name of your friend or partner or family member in your application
- We ask applicants to be fully available from December 2020 to April 2021
- Applicants must be in possession of a full and in-date UK or EU passport
- Specific job role training takes place in resort
- As a company, SkiBound are carefully monitoring advice and information provided by the UK and French Governments in relation to Covid-19. Any updates or changes will be communicated to applicants accordingly
“Due to Brexit implications from 1st January 2021, Skibound are particularly interested in applications from candidates with a European passport, French Working Visa or Carte de Sejour.”