Apprentice Instructor - Woodmill Outdoor Activities Centre
As part of our apprenticeship with us, you will learn about the general day-to-day running of a busy outdoor activity centre and will be trained to assist and deliver a wide range of outdoor activities and watersports including Archery, Kayaking, open Canoeing, High Ropes, Climbing and Stand Up Paddleboarding, as well as working on self-development tasks and projects.
- Location: Woodmill Outdoor Activities Centre
- Salary: National apprentice rate of £4.15 per hour
- Closing Date: 5pm on Tuesday 1st December
- Assessment Day: Wednesday 9th December
You will be water confident, outgoing, approachable, well presented, friendly, committed to personal development, enthusiastic, independent and keen to learn. A positive drive to develop your personal skills in adventurous activities is essential.
Training provided includes:
- Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Math’s (if required)
- Nuco Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid
- British Canoeing, Explore Award,
- British Canoeing Foundation Safety Rescue Training,
- British Canoeing, Paddlesport Instructors Award,
- British Canoeing canoe award, sea kayak award, sheltered water SUP award.
- Mountain Training Climbing Wall Instructors Award (Training)
- ITC Level 3 Award in Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Safeguarding, COSHH, Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Food Hygiene, Equality & Diversity,
- British Values
- Desirable: 5 GCSEs A*-C.
- Essential: English and Math’s GCSEs Grade 3 or D
Our belief is that everything in life begins with a conversation and we’d love to speak with you if you feel this role is for you.
Please tell us your story so far by emailing your CV and covering letter by clicking APPLY NOW.
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure and reference checks.