Production Manager / Head of Production - London
2 days left
- Job Type
- Full Time
Production Manager / Head of Production - London
Are you a technically sound and commercially astute Production Manager with creative flair?
Do you have a food production/restaurant background?
Bayley & Sage is growing, and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join our team and head up our CPU based in SW London.
About the role
You will be responsible for the full production cycle of Bayley & Sage’s diverse food range and the smooth running of the production kitchen. You will be a senior member of the team reporting directly to the MD and you will be responsible for driving steep growth through the production kitchen. You'll oversee the planning, coordination and control of the food manufacturing processes and systems. You'll make sure our own label products are produced efficiently, in compliance with all food and health and safety regulations, and that the correct amount is produced at the right cost. You will manage a team of 16 operatives to achieve optimum levels of efficiency whilst producing to our restaurant quality standards.
As the responsible person for production unit operations, you will be working with the business leaders, distribution team, suppliers, operations team, Finance, HR and store manager team to ensure that you can meet your targets in accordance with company goals and policies.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of setting up a brand new dedicated Production Kitchen facility to include: moving the current production from our in-house kitchen, fit out and equipment, health and safety and food safety compliance, and overhauling and implementing new systems.
- Be responsible for the kitchen commercials which will include driving steep growth, understanding the cost of goods, increasing the range and saleability of a diverse range of products, increasing production, finding efficiencies as well as managing labour costs
- Organise, implement, oversee and monitor all production systems and processes, specifically HACCP for the new kitchen unit
- Organise workflow to ensure that the production is cost effective, keeping on top of the stock and order system and carrying out regular audits
- Set the quality standards and ensure output meets internal quality standards and that due diligence is carried out to ensure consistent manufacture and packaging of the product. Implement a quality control programme
- Manage/oversee a production team of 16 people and will be focused on establishing new routines and work practices, Training, team building and living the company values
- Establish and enforce best in class health and safety standards, procedures and precautions ensuring that all audits (both internal and external) are passed with flying colours
- Stay relevant in food trends and work closely with the business to develop competitive and appealing new product ranges that reflect our standards of fresh, high quality and delicious “restaurant quality” RTE and ready meals
- Be responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment and approve maintenance work, purchase of equipment etc.
- Continuously drive improvements amongst the team working to a “get it right first time” approach to all tasks
You will have demonstrable commercial aptitude and experience (ideally within the manufacture of RTE foods, Ready Meals and Sandwiches/Salads); and it is essential that you are able to work in an environment which requires high levels of autonomy. You will preferably have a strong restaurant and/or food production background as well asproven experience in a food production operation. You have strong knowledge of HACCP, COSHH etc. and are highly literate with computer technology and software programmes, in particular MS Office applications. You are able to grasp concepts easily and work in a logical, systematic manner. Your planning and organisation skills are second to none and you are a persuasive negotiator. You are analytical and adept at finding better ways of working and solutions to problems. You are a natural trouble-shooter and problem solver, getting creative with solutions. You are able to communicate at all levels and you understand who we are and what we are trying to achieve at Bayley & Sage. You understand how to motivate a team using our brand standards and values and you have experience of leading and managing a team of 10+. Leading through change is a positive challenge for you. You will be a hard worker who is adaptable to business needs with a positive disposition and resilient in nature.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 28 days holiday
- 30% staff discount in-store
Bayley & Sage is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We believe a diverse team is a successful team. We want to offer opportunities to people from all backgrounds irrespective of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background.
Apply for Production Manager / Head of Production - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
Key Holder - LondonEasy Apply!