Grounds and Maintenance Assistant
An opportunity has become available at our stunning resort; Thanet Well Lodge Retreat. We are looking for a Grounds & Maintenance Assistant to join the team located near Hutton Roof, Penrith
The resort is surrounded by lush and well maintained grounds, and is the perfect relaxing location for holidays and short breaks. Set in beautiful grounds with luxury holiday homes, Thanet Well is a popular destination within the Darwin Escapes group.
Your primary responsibilites will be to ensure the accommodation, hot tubs and company buildings are maintained to the highest standards.
Alongside this, you will monitor and respond to job requests and scheduled maintenance. This will include following weekly and monthly maintenance schedules alongside acting on any maintenance requests that are made.
Other responsibilities include completing regular checks and audits on various appliances and buildings within the park.
Due to the use of company vehicles, a full driving licence is essential to the role.
This is a varied and interesting role, ideal for anyone with a strong background in grounds and maintenance.
This is a permanent position working full time, variable hours. These will include weekends and bank holidays and may require on call hours so flexibility is essential to suit the needs of the business.
The Grounds & Maintenance assistant position is ideal for anyone looking for a grounds and maintenance based role around Penrith and the surrounding areas.
- Carry out scheduled and reported maintenance around the park as required
- Actively promote the park and it’s facilities
- Ensure all park grounds, bins and public areas are kept free of debris
- Maintain and update all plant and equipment schedules
- Ensure the safe use and storage of chemicals at all times
- Supervise the maintenance team, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner
What experience you will need
- Previous experience within a maintenance role is an advantage
- Previous hot tub training an advantage, but not essential
- Previous supervisory experience is essential
What skills you will need
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Full driving licence is essential
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Good eye for detail with care and attention to work
What we offer
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
- *Subject to terms and conditions