Junior Tutor - Cookery School - Moreton-In-Marsh
Junior Tutor, Cookery School - Moreton-In-Marsh
Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Junior Tutor to join our Cookery School team at our Gloucestershire farm.
Full time contract, 40 hours per week, salary £24,000 pa. Please note that flexible working pattern will be required in this role and you would be required most weekends.
About the role
The Cookery School at Daylesford farm showcases the best our sustainable organic farm has to offer. As a Tutor, you’ll guide fellow foodies on their sustainable culinary journey, whilst teaching them essential skills and techniques.This is a unique opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the best artisans in the business!
As a Junior Tutor, you’ll support the senior Tutors to deliver exceptional cookery classes across a wide range of subjects including healthy eating, cheese-making, baking and butchery. You will have worked at as a Chef in a fresh food environment and posses a high level of basic skill. You’ll have excellent communication skills and an unrivalled passion for food. As well as being a skilled Chef, you’ll be able to provide an exceptional level of service of guest care to all those visiting the Cookery School.
- To offer customers exceptional service and learning during their time at Daylesford, ensuring they leave educated and inspired
- To build and maintain strong relationships with all areas of the business
- To ensure all mise en place and scaling is completed as required
- To ensure the kitchen is always clean and presentable
- To ensure stations are fully stocked of correct equipment
- To play an active role in all classes, even if not teaching
- Ensure great knowledge of our produce
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a Chef
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local Daylesford store)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you.