Maintenance Assistant - Rhinefield House Hotel, Brockenhurst
Are you looking for a full time, local, interesting and enjoyable maintenance role? Working as a Maintenance Assistant in a Hotel involves a bit of everything so if you enjoy completing a variety of tasks then this is the role for you.
We are looking for a friendly, knowledgeable and proactive Maintenance Assistant to join our Hand Picked Hotel team at Rhinefield House Hotel in the New Forest. This is a full time position working 40 hours over 5 days which will include weekends on a rota basis.
Alongside proactive routine tasks and work schedules that help keep the Hotel looking beautiful and ensure the safety of our guests and colleagues; the role also includes a lot of reactive maintenance work too. We are looking for someone who will remain calm under pressure (regardless of any spanner being thrown in the work), has an eye for detail and will help work as part of a team to look after the Hotel and staff accommodation like it’s their own.
To be successful you will have lots of different skills in your toolbox, from plumbing to carpentry and decorating to tiling. You will have some experience with supporting with Health & Safety related checks and administration.
Working in Maintenance as part of a hotel team allows you an opportunity to meet and work with lots of different people and we need someone who is friendly, professional and willing to get involved and work as part of the team.
Have we hit the nail on the head? If this sounds like the kind of role you have been looking for then we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you:
- A share of service charge on top of your hourly rate – 100% of which is split between the team
- Hot Meals on duty are provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
- You’ll have previous and recent experience in a Maintenance role
- You’ll be motivated by keeping this historic Hotel looking her best and in excellent working order
- You’ll enjoy being responsible and taking ownership of resolving issues and working to ensure the safety and security of the Hotel and all of its guests
- You’ll enjoy working with people and building a rapport with your colleagues
- Most of all, you’ll have a professional, organised and friendly approach
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Apply for Maintenance Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly