Maintenance Technician - Bristol
Maintenance Technician - Mercure Brigstow Hotel - Bristol
- Department:Technical Services
- Position Commitment: Full Time
- Location/Hotel: Mercure Bristol Brigstow Hotel
- Pay Rate: £10 Per Hour
As a maintenance technician you will be responsible for the upkeep of the hotel. Ensuring the health and safety of our guests, and undertaking all maintenance duties, including painting, electrical and carpentering. This hotel has recently joined the Splendid portfolio and has seen a lot of use over the years so no two days will be the same.
What we offer you:
We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in. You’ll develop personally through meeting and working with people from all over the world as we create memorable guest experiences together, and for those keen to develop you’ll have the opportunity to explore the business with various career options. In addition, on offer:
- 28 holiday days (pro rata for part time)
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension scheme
- Heavily discounted hotel stays and food & beverage discounts
- Amazing high street and lifestyle savings for you and your family
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family
Located in the heart of Bristol’s Old City, the hotel is right by the waterside, within easy walking distance of the prime cultural, business and shopping districts. This boutique style hotel includes 116 uniquely designed guest rooms. Not to be missed, is Buttermilk and Maple which offers relaxed, dining alongside aromatic coffee and craft beers.
Your role in our family:
Key responsibilities to your role:
- Liaise with Hotel Management/Housekeeping Team and staff to carry out required painting, redecoration and general maintenance duties.
- Determine the most cost effective approach to achieving a durable and quality decorative finish.
- Carry out preparation/repair/application of finishing products as necessary.
- Undertake both responsive and planned maintenance of painting and decoration
- Carry out a maintenance, repair and installation work
- Execute workmanship using own initiative, to a high standard and ensure it is carried out in strict compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, and any other relevant legislation covering safety in the workplace for self and others.
- Carry out inspections of occupied and empty rooms to determine the extent of painting, decoration and general maintenance required. Having established the need, carry out the most cost effective and expedient means of completing the works. This will be achieved through efficient preparation/repair/ application of decorative products and general maintenance activities.
- Carry out all necessary administrative work associated with departmental management requirements accurately and timely record all processes from receiving jobs through to completion including invoice pre-processing.
- Monitoring monthly reports and keeping all up to date
- Monitoring and reporting weekly/monthly H&S tasks on Health and Safety Portal
- To keep supervisory staff aware of progress and problems in a timely manner.
- Good level of physical fitness, including the ability to lift, work at heights and in differing conditions.
- To undertake all training as required (e.g. first aid, health and safety, customer service).
What happens next:
Does this role suit your skillset? Apply now, this takes seconds, you’ll just need to provide some contact details along with a CV. Next, we’ll review your details, and if successful we’ll invite you to meet one of the team to learn more about you, your experience and let us tell more about the Splendid group.
The Splendid Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Apply for Maintenance Technician - Bristol
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly