We are seeking an established People Adviser who can deliver a first class HR advisory service to line managers on employee relations, People policy and process, recruitment and the delivery of key project/administrative support for HR.
Your day to day:
- Build great relationships with key team members to understand our business and use this knowledge to confidently deliver the role.
- To provide prompt first line support for line managers on HR queries, policy, process, and recruitment; ensuring teams are equipped with sound HR advice to make informed decisions about their people fairly and consistently. Referring any complex queries on to the relevant People Partner in a timely manner.
- To support and provide guidance to line managers with ER documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance
- To support and coordinate the development, review and maintenance of our recruitment policies/procedures/standard letters and contracts.
- Work in partnership with the People Partners to share and report insight from HR queries, HR KPI’s, management information and identify any themes.
- Review and maintain the HR section of Thwaites hub, ensuring that all documentation is kept up to date and is easily accessible to Managers and Team members.
- To support with the administration and co-ordination of key HR activities and projects as per the People Plan.
- To manage the HR and Recruitment query mailbox, providing a timely response to all queries.
- To utilise our job board CV search facility for key roles to identify suitable candidates.
- From time to time, attend ER meetings at any Thwaites property to take notes and support the meeting chair
- To survey successful and unsuccessful candidates and feedback themes to the People Partners to help us improve our candidates’ experiences and attract the best candidates.
- To manage exit survey data, monitor and review and provide relevant information to People Partners for further action
Who are we looking for:
You will have 2-3 years HR advisory experience, with a minimum of CIPD Associate Membership
Have a passion for HR and people management, with strong up to date Employment Law knowledge
Able to provide advice and guidance to all levels of staff and offer guidance and support with written documentation
Build relationships quickly, with the confidence to challenge where necessary
Able to quickly establish and understand an issue and confidently offer solutions
Have good working knowledge of Excel to analyse basic data
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 33 days annual leave
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
This role is primarily based at our Head Office at Mellor Brook in a beautiful location on the edge of the Ribble Valley, just outside of Blackburn. The purpose-built offices opened in September 2018 and are home to the central support functions for our Pubs, Inns and Hotels as well as a state-of-the-art micro-brewery and the stables for our four shire horses.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?