Assistant Restaurant Manager - Epsom
The Royal Automobile Club is looking for an experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to deliver exceptional service in our Fountain Restaurant at Woodcote Park, our country clubhouse in the Surrey countryside.
The Fountain is our high end all day Brasserie outlet with over 300 covers per day. The role carries a wide variety of responsibilities in a fast paced environment and is critical in inspiring and leading the team to deliver 5* service to our members at all times.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Deliver friendly, efficient customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all members and guests, with the key aim of retaining our members and attracting new ones
- Keep up to date with all food and beverage menus, current promotions and new products to enable you to serve and recommend to our members and guests
- Contribute to creating and maintaining an excellent team spirit throughout the department and actively encourage others to do so.
- Coach individual team members to develop their skills and maximise performance
- Prepare the working area to set standards prior to service, ensuring all mise en place is fully prepared
- To ensure the effective running of department in absence of Manager
- Monitor the cleanliness of the department and implement cleaning procedures to ensure that a high standard of presentation is maintained
- Comply and enforce the law in respect of the Licensing Act as applies to the Royal Automobile Club
- Observe and action as appropriate the Health & Safety, Hygiene and Fire Policies and Procedures as laid down by the Company, and particularly as they relate to the performance of your job.
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous experience of managing a busy restaurant team
- Passionate about delivering exceptional service at all times
- Ability to multi-task between back and front of house tasks
- Experience in staff rota’s
- Possess Level 1 & 2 qualification in basic food hygiene, preferably with an NVQ in food service and bar work, and/or an NVQ in customer service
- Proven experience of bar service
- Awareness of licensing laws, ideally including wine knowledge/WSET Level 2 qualification
- Free meals on duty
- Free shuttle bus from Epsom station
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
Due to the fast-moving pace of the hospitality industry and the urgency of this role we reserve the right to screen and interview applications on an ongoing basis and close the role early if we have successfully appointed a candidate.
Floor Manager - NEW OPENING - SohoEasy Apply!