Head Chef - *New concept store* - Cobham - Cobham
A concept inspired by the very origins of the first TGI Fridays in New York in 1965, we’re excited to confirm a new restaurant-bar proposition. The new offering will open in Cobham initially before the end of 2020 with a plan for further sites to be added in 2021.
With the emphasis on quality food, fantastic flavours, healthy indulgence, and legendary drinks the philosophy celebrates the coming together of many things, people, culture, tastes, and styles. We’ll always offer more and celebrate That Fridays Feeling with a lively and generous spirit. Cool but comfortable interiors are designed to ensure a relaxed atmosphere and music will chill the mind and thrill the senses.
We are looking for an experienced, high performing Head Chef with 3 years+ of experience to join our exciting new concept in Cobham
You will have full accountability for the management and operation of a Fridays Kitchen/BOH. Your role is to guarantee an amazing experience for guests so that they love our offering, keep coming back and tell the world how much they love us. You also need to give the same experience to your team: they need to feel valued, recognised and like they want to continue to build their career with Fridays. You will develop and grow your team and meet or exceed sales, profits and all other objectives in line with Friday’s business strategy. You will treat the kitchen as if it were your own and understand the impact of your leadership and example.
Reporting to the General Manager you will be involved in aspects of kitchen operations for your store. Your key duties will include the following:
- To lead and inspire the performance of the kitchen team. Full responsibility for overseeing all aspects of the kitchen operation and performance. This includes People, Guest, Sales, Profit, Operations, Health & Safety and Property.
- To ensure that TGI Friday’s standards are maintained and the kitchen performance delivers its targets through a People First, Guest Obsessed, Operational Excellence Strategy.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of leading and delivering
- Solid management experience
- Kitchen / Hospitality experience would be essential
- Proven track record of leading teams to success
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think fast
- Great communication skills so you can lead and inspire a team and delight our guests
About the Brand
With a fun, lively working environment, competitive salary and other benefits, Fridays offers a not to be missed work opportunity. At Fridays we deliver the best that we can to our guests and this is only possible due to the hard work of our teams. We are passionate about ensuring our teams are well and truly looked after so please see below for some of our great benefits that come with this brilliant role:
- 28 days’ holiday inc bank holidays.
- Annually reviewed bonus scheme.
- A long list of other perks designed to look after your health and wellbeing.
We receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of applying, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and keep an eye out for future vacancies.
Please note: where we receive an unprecedented high volume of applications, we reserve the right to close applications early.