Sous Chef - Beaconsfield
Sous Chef - Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire
At Cairn Group we're ambitious. With a varied and extensive UK portfolio of hotels, bars and restaurants in our portfolio. We're focused on continual growth and are in it for the long haul. We're a family owned business with family values at our core, with a growing team and sites UK wide.
About the role…
You’ll be overall responsible for the Kitchen and its staff in the absence of the Head/Exec Chef, directing all kitchen activities and ensuring the preparation of our delicious food - helping create memorable experiences for guests - whenever and wherever they dine. You’ll also ensure quality, kitchen maintenance and inventory functions are kept to the highest standards - to make sure your kitchen is always running smoothly.
You will lead and inspire everyone in the brigade, coaching and mentoring the team to be their best. The main purpose of the role is to manage the quality and food production of all catering at the given venue, lead and inspire the team to deliver the highest standards and ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Excellent cooking skills with a strong understanding of produce and ingredients
- Experience in producing menus that are both creative and profitable
- Excellent leadership skills with experience of developing and leading a team
- Strong communication skills through a variety of means
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to stay calm under pressure, adapting your approach to complete routine and non-routine tasks
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills through Standard operating procedures. High attention to detail and accuracy – great at managing one’s own time and the time of the team
- Drive & self-motivated. Excellent knowledge of kitchen related legislative requirements/audits
Situated just a few miles from the charming town of Beaconsfield, in close proximity Heathrow airport, our conveniently located 4* luxury hotel boasts a timeless and elegant design. With 138 stylish and modern rooms, gym and spa facilities, an impressive selection of dining options and a custom built signature whiskey cellar it’s the perfect location for both business and pleasure.
- Cairn Group Staff Discount Scheme
- Retail and travel discounts
- Recruit a friend Scheme
- Induction and training programme
- Star of the Month & Golden Ticket Award
- Pension scheme
- Meals on Duty
- Cycle 2 work scheme*
- IHG Employee Discounts
- IHG Friends & Family Rate
* apply to positions above minimum wage
Junior Sous Chef - Fishes - OxfordEasy Apply!