Fitness Instructor / Personal Trainer - Bristol
Fitness Instructors / Personal Trainers - Nevil Road, Bristol
Full time / Part time positions available
REPORTS TO: Gym Manager
Exciting opportunities to join our energetic and friendly team at BS7 Gym.
BS7 Gym is located just off Gloucester Road, at the County Ground, Bristol. The home to First Class County, Gloucestershire Cricket.
The gym provides a high quality exercise facility for the community alongside Gloucestershire Cricket professionals.
- To fulfill the role of a Fitness Instructor, includes taking complimentary personal training sessions, programming and teaching exercise classes.
- Ensuring that high levels of customer services are adopted at all times providing member interaction and a great customer experience. Acting as an ambassador for the gym, promoting services and classes to members and new customers. Taking pride in your work and the workplace to ensure the presentation and cleanliness of the facilities are maintained to a high standard. Maintain strict adherence to Health and Safety Regulations. Provide reception cover and to support administration duties as required, including answering phone calls. Operate the membership, booking and till system as required to assist reception.
The job requires the delivery of key objectives. We run a customer focused gym and there are a variety of roles and responsibilities that will form part of the day to day role.
Delivery of a friendly and professional service to gym members:
- Undertake complimentary training sessions, programme development and reviews with new and existing members.
- To provide a presence on the gym floor offering supervision and feedback to members while motivating performance.
- To teach regular exercise classes during working hours and to support the team by providing cover for classes as required when on duty.
- To maintain a high level of industry knowledge in order to be able to provide professional advice to members.
Providing clean, safe and pleasant environment for our customers:
- To maintain the safety and well-being of customers using the facilities.
- To undertake equipment maintenance and facility checks as directed and complete appropriate reporting procedure.
- Undertake cleaning of equipment to ensure a high standard at all times.
- Complete all appropriate admin records (e.g. first aid, cleaning and maintenance).
- Contribute to the development of the different services available at the gym, new ideas are always welcome.
Supporting customers through managing enquiries and administration:
- Use of membership administration programme to make bookings, sign up new members and maintain customer records.
- Undertake reception duties as necessary including answering/making phone calls, dealing with customer enquiries and till operation.
- Act in a customer liaison capacity, providing and relaying information as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You must be REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals) level 2 or 3 qualified, or qualified to a similar level.
- We are looking for friendly, energetic, outgoing fitness professionals to join our growing team at BS7 Gym. A positive outlook and great team working skills are essential. You must be customer focused, and motivated to provide excellent advice and guidance to help members achieve their goals.
- Experience of working in a gym, and / or teaching classes is advantageous but not essential, as is first aid training.
We are always looking to develop and improve the offering at the gym for our members. New approaches to fitness are welcomed, so it is important to stay up-to-date with current trends in the industry, and work within the team to implement them.
This is not intended to be a full definition of duties and you will be expected to assist in such other duties as may be allocated. This job description is subject to variation as the needs of the Gym and the business may require.
START DATE: Immediate
Please send a covering letter and CV
Apply for Fitness Instructor / Personal Trainer - Bristol
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly